If I remember correctly, UCD will only forward to another UCD group or Hunt group, but not the voicemail hunt group, and you only get one forward. I also seem to remember that forwarding a hunt group to voicemail was finally enabled in version 8 software, so you may be banging your head against the wall. Normal hunt groups will forward as many times as you want, and may even forward to the voicemail hunt group if your integration elements are set properly. Is there a reason you feel you need to use UCD?

After a little research, UCD calls from a system extension won't be treated as a UCD call, so any testing you do will have to be done using a CO line that is set DIL to the UCD group. Overflow destinations can be another hunt group, an extension or an attendant, but I don;t remember if sending a call to an extension will forward to that extension's voicemail or not. Worth a try, although normally calls from a hunt group don't forward to individual mailboxes.

Last edited by JBean3329; 07/05/22 06:15 PM. Reason: additional info

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.