Hey Walter, good to hear from you. Yes, I remember the Mitel and Comdial days where they tried to make money from the dealers for training classes. I qualified on the ESI-CS systems, but there wasn't a huge demand for the product. The product was okay, but not worth giving them $350 a quarter to be a dealer!

Working for the Evil Nationals, I didn't have to worry about new systems sales, I was too busy running service calls. Then my attitude changed about 2018. Like in the movie Heartland, you sometimes get tired of being the dancing chicken in the skillet. For a 1099 worker, they sure wanted you to perform by setting start times and calling every 30 minutes for a status report. The final straw was the "service call" that was an installation and calling me every 30 minutes while I'm installing cable.

One of my sleeper customers, was a motel with a Mitel SX_50. I changed it out for a Yeastar system and that was pretty exciting. The customer gave me 6 or 7 referrals and that got me into VoIP systems...well that and a little Grandstream UCM system with 16 phones. Sadly, that first customer just got put out of business by the city. They wanted his land, he didn't want to sell, so they "inspected" the property and found enough violations to shut him down...Game Over. I hope he finds another buyer just to piss off the city, but it probably will be just another off-ramp and a 4-lane highway.

I actually retired...for about a month. Gosh, that's boring. Crissy retired in December, as in tomorrow is her last day...except she's working part time for 6 months. She just gets to cut back on her daily activities.

I hope you have access to PM. Keep in touch and Happy New Year!

Carl