Originally Posted by newtecky
E911 ignores LCR. It will even bypass local line keys and will only use PRG 550 for selecting a line for 911. That is where the E911 services and judgment timer fall into place. You have to set the OLG in PRG 550 in order to select a trunk group to route 911 calls

550 points Emergency Call Group 1 to "01 OLG1" to 1 none of the other OLG options have data.

Is the remote site sharing the same PRI as the main site? That will add a lot of complexity to the setup.
If this is how you have it set up, then the main location may not apply E911 settings to the calls across the Stratanet net. The system may assume that when it receives 9 across the network, it should uses LCR. The judgment timer in the main site would not apply in this situation. The remote site already did its job by sending 911 to the main site.
This is something that I have never done. I always had remote PBX have their own local lines.

This is not how it is supposed to be setup. There has always been a local PRI connection at this site. AFAIK the 911 hasn't worked. It does work if you dial 9+911 At one time we had a higher volume of calls on this WAN with a lower bandwidth. At that time we used a QSIG with a drop and replace to carve out 6 channels for Stratanet (As I recall). 7 to 10 years ago we increased the bandwidth of the connection and removed that functionality. Now it is purely Stratanet over Ethernet at least as far as the CTX is concerned.

To avoid any additional potential issues, I am going to drop off this thread. 911 is important to get right. As I am unable to properly diagnose and test the setup, I can't offer any more advice. Any other questions can be asked by PM .

No problem. Thanks for your help and I agree it is important to get right.

Last edited by jc2it; 01/03/24 11:29 AM.