hey everyone! i'm the new IT guy for a company based in california. they have an existing phone setup with Inter-Tel (Inter-Tel 5000), Oaisys Tracer system, and we use Inter-Tel's Session Manager to get into the DB Studio.

My problem is last week we had to move a few desks around and their corresponding phone (extension). Everything went great except that I had to come into the DB Studio to play musical extensions until they were properly adjusted. This was because i discovered that when i removed a phone from one desk and took it to another, it would still show up having the old extension (almost like it was hard coded into the phone or something).

I can see from inside the DB Studio under "Devices and Feature Codes" and "Endpoints" it lists all the extensions that are on the system (even some unused ones). It also shows the Type as Digital Endpoint and an Address (1:05.02.01, etc). My thoughts are it would be easier to change the address (keeping the endpoint and username configuration) than to try to shuffle everything around each time i want to move a phone.

long story short, i need to know how to move a phone from one desk and simply change the address of that extension to allow that phone to stay the same (not have to change username, features, programmed keys, etc.)

thanks in advance and sorry if thats confusing lol.