We are attempting to expand our phone system and are running into some issues. We had a T1C/PRI card for our outbound lines and a second T1C card that was used as a tie in to another building in our complex.

We stopped using the second T1C card a few years ago and wanted to use this card as a second PRI. We purchased the daughter card to turn it into a T1C/PRI.

When we insert the card in the cabinet, the T1C immediately goes to a red alarm and when we plug in our new T1 line to the T1 Span port we get a Blue Alarm.

Connecting the two T1C cards to a computer through the RS232 port and examining the DT1 info, we notice the following:

System Sync Source on the upgraded T1C card shows as "Other T1" while original T1C card that we've been using for outbound shows as "This T1".

Is this because the card was synching to the card at the remote location before we disconnected it or is it trying to synch with the working T1C card in our system? Should they both say "This T1" or is it correct as is?

On the upgraded card, both the RX Blue Alarm and the Red Alarm are at YES, which I would expect since those are the lights flashing on the card as well.

The Sync on the upgraded card is No, while the original card is Yes.

At the bottom of the screen the 4, 5, and 6 ERR LEDs flashing.

Do I have a bad T1C or daughter card or is my System Sync Source incorrect on the upgraded card, or am I way off base on all of this?

Thanks,
Bob