<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jeffmoss26:
I am 15 and my dad works at a telecom company. He is a lawyer. I have never been into anything in the legal system.
However, I am totally into telecommunications and I have done several jobs with techs at his office (cabling, Iwatsu ADIX installs and moves). He does not know a lot about technology, I do. I have a complete voice and data MDF setup in my basement, all the tools (except a butt set), and tons of cable, jacks, etc etc. I have done work for a couple classmates at school too.

[This message has been edited by jeffmoss26 (edited January 02, 2003).]
</font>
Heh, I figured I was about the only teenager on this board. I'm 16. And, as you do, I take a great interest in telecom. I installed a system in my house (Comdial Executech (hey, I was on a low budget)). I just wish I had jobs to do...Neway, to answer jimmmaaa;s question: If you look on ebay you can find a nice system. I've seen a few complete Panasonic KX-T systems and the Occasional Nortel Norstar system complete with key sets and everything for around $200. However, at that price, you can more or less foreget about voicemail. If you wanted to go even cheaper you could get an used Comdial Executech (possible even an Executech II series) system for under $100. I got my NO308 with three sets for $80. Another possibilty would be the VoiceLogic VoicePro. It sells for around $100 on ebay. It's a small 2x6 system with a very small integrated voicemail system (up to 85 boxes, and 2 hours of recording time I believe). This system also uses your existing 1 or 2 line phones (however, no voice paging is available). Anyway, just wanted to put my 2 cents in.