You should get a Samsung phone system.

Home phone system is usually setup primarily for their intercom (internal phone-to-phone) features not for handling 4 T1 phone lines.

This is normally setup by assigning each room in your house to a labeled button on your phone such as “Kitchen, Family, Guest, Garden, John, Sara, Basement, Utility room, Garage, Master bed, media room, etc…

These are normally setup with a type of room-to-room 2-way page. Basically you hit the button for the room you want and the phone in that room will give an indication noise to alert the people in the room that you are on the line ready to talk with them.

The Samsung has the ability to assign each extension with “FAUTO” which is a force auto announcement which does this feature. The Samsung LCD will also display which person or room is calling you. All you need is an “SLI” card and you can connect fax machines, modems, cordless analog phones with programmable buttons as shortcuts to the different rooms.

I do know Panasonic advertise a lot in magazines as specializing in home phone systems but I don't know what exactly give them a perceived edge in this market over any other phone system that can do what I just described.

Samsung layout is very well design. The programs are very straight forward and easy to follow. Unlike others systems, there is no possibility of bringing down the system from typing the wrong key. For example program 104 will only change the name of each station. There is literally nothing you can possibility do in this program to mess up the system except to misspell your station name.

The only thing I have heard about Panasonic is that the phones themselves (not the system) but the actually phones are kind of flimsy and break easy. I don’t know this from personal experience but what I have heard around.

If the Panasonic dealer is offering you a lower price, I would go with Panasonic. If the Samsung dealer is offering you a lower price, I would go with Samsung.