web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
KLD Offline
Installed 2 824 Pana in the last 30 days, just a dream with a lot of new features --- especially the BV board, a in-skin 24 mailbox message center. A winner for your app.

KLD

Ken
---------
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

My first choice of phone system is not exactly the best choice for a home so an unbiased opinion from my side of the fence would be the Panasonic, good luck in finding the right solution.

Please fill out your complete profile

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Mitch, light up a cigar and have another dozen Coronas. I am almost there myself.

I beg to disagree with you about NO system being designed around "residential-only" applications.

Panasonic has always been well-knowned as a great residential system, though not formally called one.

Vodavi has actually released a "residential" version of their STS and we sell LOTS of them. While it's not much different from the regular STS, it has it's own formal residential FCC registration number. Same price, same system, but a true residential registration number. Not many other manufacturers have systems meeting this criteria.

Be careful....If you by one and install it in a business, you might get in trouble with the FCC Police!

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Bob,
The Panasonic is a good option. Take a look at the Panasonic KX-TAW848. The cell stations are cool. The KX-T7680 phones have a better range than the older KX-T7895. You can use some of your older phones on the KX-TAW848 or the KX-TA824. Having a phone system in a home is great. Good Luck!
Axion

You should get a Samsung phone system.

Home phone system is usually setup primarily for their intercom (internal phone-to-phone) features not for handling 4 T1 phone lines.

This is normally setup by assigning each room in your house to a labeled button on your phone such as “Kitchen, Family, Guest, Garden, John, Sara, Basement, Utility room, Garage, Master bed, media room, etc…

These are normally setup with a type of room-to-room 2-way page. Basically you hit the button for the room you want and the phone in that room will give an indication noise to alert the people in the room that you are on the line ready to talk with them.

The Samsung has the ability to assign each extension with “FAUTO” which is a force auto announcement which does this feature. The Samsung LCD will also display which person or room is calling you. All you need is an “SLI” card and you can connect fax machines, modems, cordless analog phones with programmable buttons as shortcuts to the different rooms.

I do know Panasonic advertise a lot in magazines as specializing in home phone systems but I don't know what exactly give them a perceived edge in this market over any other phone system that can do what I just described.

Samsung layout is very well design. The programs are very straight forward and easy to follow. Unlike others systems, there is no possibility of bringing down the system from typing the wrong key. For example program 104 will only change the name of each station. There is literally nothing you can possibility do in this program to mess up the system except to misspell your station name.

The only thing I have heard about Panasonic is that the phones themselves (not the system) but the actually phones are kind of flimsy and break easy. I don’t know this from personal experience but what I have heard around.

If the Panasonic dealer is offering you a lower price, I would go with Panasonic. If the Samsung dealer is offering you a lower price, I would go with Samsung.

Along the lines of Panasonic thinking, I have a Panasonic KX-TG4000B in my home. It is a 4-Line switch...2.4 GHz wireless system, has an Auto Attendant AND voice mail, can be expanded to 8 wireless extensions + the Base, has Message Notification, Back-Up batteries for the Base (imagine a system with its own "UPS"). It is very easy to program (like MOST Panasonic gear) and easy to use. The range is amazing, as well. I have the base mounted rather high in my home, and I can hit the base with a handset from the other side of my property (5 acres) with little difficulty.

_ _ ___________________ _ _
http://www.bnsystems.com
A properly setup Panasonic 824 with the Backlit LCD and Backlit keypad phones, 1 or 2 7895 cordless phones, ( again setup properly, these phone have 12 buttons so you see lines and have function keys like Page and Voice Mail Transfer, CID etc.) BV or TVS voice mail would be like an Atomic Bomb going off on top of all the other systems. Espicially if you let the VM (TVS or TVA- TVA has unified messaging} take calls and use CID routing. All Daughters known callers go only to her phone or page only her, Grandma,s callers ring her phone, business callers ring or page for dads home office, screen via paging or phone ( i have a call for Cindy from Jeramy, either over the page or when phone picked up, special greeting for special friends by CID,doesn't mater what line they call on, Windows program for literate home owner, modem built in for non literate homeowner, video doorphone that connects to phone system with multiple monitors including TV, IP Cam can also connect to doorphone etc,etc,etc.
KABOOM!!!! All the others are dust in the wind baby.
They miss some licks on the business side sometime but they have residentil locked down
tight!

Go with a TDA 50 with same phones or better
and the Celluar wireless phones, Hydrogen bomb time!

[This message has been edited by brokeda (edited August 17, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by brokeda (edited August 17, 2005).]

Yikes! I think my soapbox broke!!!

You can go to soapbox.com the new 2006 models will out in September.

If you mention this forum and use a coupon
you get 30 % off ,extended warranty .

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited August 18, 2005).]

Admin
Admin
TransTel Communications makes a real nice small system TD-824i
3 year warranty. Many features and flexable programming. I've been in business over 30 years this is the best telephone equipment I work with. I sold many Panasonic KX-T systems and you would be happy with the features that TransTel has over the Panasonic

https://transtelcommunications.com/

------------------
Merritt
Commercial Communications
1-800-244-3033

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,722 Shoretel
189,760 CTX100 install
187,921 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 100 guests, and 311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024