I was called to repair an auto fax problem on a Partner v6 with Messaging VM connected to a Castelle 5000 FaxPress. The system was set up by assigning 4 fax extensions to use 4 different fax lines, using the HG8 method (not the AA voicemail method). This was my first look at Partner auto fax setup and the Fax line saver.
The system had worked fine until a vendor moved the system last week. After the move, all incoming calls got fax tone. My solution was to unassign system lines from the fax extensions., which cleared the problem.
I have two concerns-
1. by removing the system lines(leaving only a fax line per ext.), aren't they losing the fax line saver ? Sharing fax lines with system lines (usually isolate fax lines) is new to me. Is this a practical solution, or is this usually problematic? I am hesitant to re-assign any system lines, as the problem comes back.

2. Is anyone familiar with using an efax solution like the Castelle 5000? It allows faxes to appear on PC. It was designed to use analog lines, but was installed using digital fax extensions instead, using T&R only-no data leads. Doesn't look quite right..