I am hoping someone can help. Here is the deal: during an electrical event (extreme power flux over the course of a couple of days)a couple 206 3.0 cards and the 4.1 expansion processor in our righthand/expansion/secondary cabinet begin to smoke.

To clarify, we have a partner II version 4.1 with two cabinets, 8 lines in the lefthand/primary cabinet, 48 stations, all of the 206e boards are 3.0 and 3.1s.

After the event, I replaced the processor and the smokey boards. When I did, the left hand (main/primary) cabinet would no longer recognize the right hand cabinet at all. (BTW, all lines and stations work in the primary cabinet for incoming, outgoing, and intercom, except station 11 (previously bad station))

So, I put in a new cabinet and cable on the non working secondary side. No change. Next, I put in a second refurb. expansion processor. No change, primary side still won't see the other cabinet. Next, I changed out both processors for 3.1 version ones (back-ups I had mistakenly bought without checking my version correctly!) Still, no change.

I have read through the install manual front to back but there isn't an explanation of how to install a second carrier.

Am I missing something or could it be that I have REALLY bad luck with boards and processors? Any ideas?

Thanks, Eric

PS BTW, is it possible to mix version 4.1 and 3.1 processors?

[This message has been edited by eric_GLMR (edited February 13, 2005).]