Kumar, the battery is not designed to be replaced except buy a repair facility. When the battery goes bad you are supposed to replace the module.

I have replaced these batteries several times but I have had many years of electronics experience. I would not recommend that you attempt this unless you have the correct tools and the proper experience to do board level repairs.

First you have to know how to open the case. Once you get past that the battery is soldered to a secondary PC board that is attached with pin headers to the main board. You have to remove the secondary board without damage, desolder and remove the old battery then solder the new battery into place. Then you have to properly put everything back together.

Remember, while you are attempting this you will have no phone service and if the processor does not work when you are finished you are going to be in trouble.

I would very strongly suggest that you take this opportunity to upgrade to an ACS or just replace the PII processor with a refurb. You will have minimum downtime and peace of mind in knowing all will work.

-Hal

[This message has been edited by hbiss (edited March 06, 2005).]

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.