A brief follow-up to Hal:

Thanks for jumping to the wrong conclusions. I didn't buy the system off the Internet. It was donated to the non-profit organization I'm assisting (after it was decommissioned from another company.)

That non-profit happens not to be able to afford what are I'm sure your quite expensive service rates.

Again, this query has NOTHING to do with whether I do or don't have a service provider; clearly from all that I have read on the internet there simply ARE NO SOLUTIONS to the gaping, intentional security hole, and I find it unlikely that if I were to purchase service from you that I would learn different.

Here, I'll put my money where my mouth is. If someone here has knowledge of the system that would let me configure it such that it was NOT VULNERABLE to outside callers using the standard (very well known, try google) Partner VS 4.1 backdoor admin password to get into the system, I will gladly PAY you $100.00 by PayPal as soon as I verify that your fix, whatever it is, works.

(This offer applies only to the stock system as it is, I'm not paying someone $100 to be told, "Upgrade to Partner Messaging!" or "buy 4 of these gadgets to put on your 4 CO Lines!" If no one can come forward with an answer on my terms I'll consider it conclusive proof that there is no solution and that all that any of you can do is blow smoke about the warm happy feelings that come from an expensive service contract -- meanwhile not having any actual improvement of the disgustingly bad security of the system.)

Thanks.