There are a series of bad 016TRR boards that have a manufacturing flaw. One of severals possible symptoms is that dialtone cannot be drawn from the top or bottom six analog ports (the middle four were OK). You get battery, but not dialtone. I should know! I fought with Catalyst Telecom for quite a while about this issue before Avaya wrote a CIB about it...almost six months later I might add.

Is this a 617F34 module? If so, then it is suspect. The symptoms aren't present in every 617F34 flavor of the 016TRR, but it's not at all uncommon. Again, it's 617F34 (mnemonic: F is for Fail).

If the label is missing, tampered with or otherwise not visable to you, then dial in and run a system inventory report. If you show a Hardware Vintage of 52 or 54, a Firmware Vintage of 12 and an Application Vintage of 22, then the board is likely at fault. There may be other vintage combinations that I'm not aware of, but the set I just rattled off is one of the frequent troublemakers.

Originally posted by mongo5150:

Dagwood...this system is challenging you to a duel.
Lock the door, turn off the lights and come back in five minutes. This switch will never give you lip again.

In all seriousness, I appreciate the vote of confidence. I hope that I'm hot on the trail here. If nothing else, this is at least something to take note of while you're frogging and testing individual boards as Jack "merlinman" Morgan suggested.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein