web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
clgjr Offline OP
OP Offline
How do you initialize a old partner II r-4.1 system? Can't remember if there was a way since it does not have the AA batteries like the ACS? Don't see it in any of programming menus! My other question is, power led and hdd light will not go off on a partner mail vs r-4. Has a 4-port exp card in it. I've reseated the card and the module itself, tried other slots and power cycles. However I get no response and it's not making any weird noises. Suggestions?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

clgjr Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, I remember the default sequence ,but still wondering if I've I got a dead VM... Thanks

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
the light should go off after a few minutes of boot time and just come on sporadically as the system is accessed. a HDD drive that stays on all the time is a bad unit. Try running the card without the expansion.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
clgjr Offline OP
OP Offline
Does the same thing with or without the exp card inserted. All 3 led's steady lit! It also has just started to make a weird noise for about 8 seconds when it's first powered up. Kind of a chirping sound....Doesn't sound like the HDD is making that particular noise nor does it sound like it's spinning. The worse part about this, I gave a client some trade in value on a new system they purchased "not a whole heck of a lot thankfully". I took it off the wall and it was working fine. Made sure I was very gentle moving it around and getting it back to the shop. And soon as I get here and plugged in, it started acting up on me. Reason for cutting a break to my customer,I had a buddy that needed it for replacement on one of his clients and was wanting to buy this one today cash money. That's just my luck I swear! Seems like every time I try to help someone out, I'm the one ending up shafted! Thank god for flash based VM's. Oh well... Thanks though!

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The hard drive is probably shot. Time to replace it with either a traditional or flash version.

I Love FEATURE 00

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,318 CTX100 install
187,091 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
C5Z 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 145 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024