Originally posted by 1864:
Not to sound like a butt but, If your gonna be working on Partners you should have a spare just for troubleshooting, no?
Invest in a refurb R 6.0

Even if you dont use it at your cheap lawyer customer, it might come in handy down the road...
wink
I agree.

Danny, you have been given many options here and best of luck to you finding your customer's issue. To me, it sounds like a carrier issue, but IMO it will take some on-site time and sweat for you to know for sure.

Something I would recommend is getting all the facts together, ex, does this happen on all POTS lines and does it happen on all exts, the times it does happen where is the call originating from......SIP,..copper,...coax.

I guess, what I'm trying to say is that there is no black and white troubleshooting guide for your issue and it is going to require some on site hours from you to nail down where the exact problem is.

Yeah, you can replace the system, but if you don't find where the problem is first, you may end up looking like an amateur phone man when the customer still has problems after you replace their system

Just sayn, and good luck!
If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks,

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com