web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Just a quick "chime in" on my part (and I know I'm not saying anything new)...but:

Anyone who asks about IPO should automatically heed or digest the advice from Mike, Tommy or Matt. End of story.

Next is the obvious part which is perhaps an eye-opener for those new to IPO: THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO DO THE SAME THING.

Short codes are awesome (and my personal preference as they lay everything out for you). But the bigger picture is that you can kinda do anything you want and start with whatever planner you want. I have a planner that works great for me, but may not fit you guys' most typical scenarios.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Originally posted by dagwoodsystems:
Anyone who asks about IPO should automatically heed or digest the advice from Mike, Tommy or Matt. End of story.

Next is the obvious part which is perhaps an eye-opener for those new to IPO: THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO DO THE SAME THING.

I couldn't agree more!! :bow:

As for the multiple ways to complete the same tasks, I can bet the 3 guys mentioned above do certain things differently but perform the same task. We as a company have tried to merge our techs differing ways into one cohesive process. It has much easier to support long term since then.

-Todd

WWW.EmeryCommunications.com
Authorized SMB Avaya Business Partner
OP Offline
Just askin..........

Beats me. :shrug: Cbeyond sells these things. I had no communication with their client prior nor after the cut and they didn't want me butting in. Just a hired gun - get it running and hit the road. The question is why CBeyond assumed I screwed up. Don't they do these things every day? When you go key to PBX with digital trunks things change. Were they my people I would have shown them YouTube brochures and maybe even performed a demo. They already had the system. One assumes they know how to use it.

Oh God. Don't make me talk smack about Cbeyond. If you're hired to do the cross-connect, then take your money and run. Puh. Anything else I'd avoid.

Yes they have a super coherent clientele. But man...they even mess that up pretty regular. It's still up to a REAL "phone guy" to make it all happen.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,309 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 79 guests, and 310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024