web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a Sony Ericcson Android phone and I installed the One-x Portal mobile for IPO software. We cannot get this to work. I have put a public IP on the Apps server to bypass our firewall. The One-x app says that it is disconnected and never changes. I have checked everything and cannot find a reason why this does not work. I know that some have said this is somewhat simple but I am losing my mind on this. Any thoughts?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I cant be the IP address, it has to be a FQDN. You can get one from dyndns.org or other free services there. Also, you can use your web site, by creating a subdomain and forwarding that to your WAN IP where the IPO is.

OP Offline
I have done that. However, the docs say that you can use an IP address for Server Name of the app. I have an FQDN set up and forwarding to our WAN IP. I have ports 5222, 5239, and 8444 forwarding to the private IP of the apps server. I am about to throw this out. This is too difficult.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
us the fqdn name, not IP.

just domain name, not www.
so:
mobile.digiteld.org

OP Offline
I have done that and still it is not working. So you are telling me that it indeed has to be an FQDN and it cannot be an IP that it connects to. Let me give you a scenario. I have XXX.digitel.net resolving to XX.XX.XX.XX which is our public IP. I have changed the IP on the Apps server to this public IP so it bypasses the firewall. I plugged the server directly into our ADTRAN 3200 router. I have done this to find out where the problem may be. I put in my FQDN for Server name on the phone. It still says disconnected.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
FQDN points to WAN IP.
ROuter has ports opened and forwarded to LAN IP of APP SERVER.

WHen you put in the FQDN in app on phone, traffic is forwarded by the FQDN to WAN IP. Here the router takes over the port forwarding and sends traffic to APP Server.

OP Offline
I understand but our IT dept is asking me to bypass our firewall for testing. Is there any way to test this without including the firewall?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by DigitelD:
.... I have ports 5222, 5239, and 8444 forwarding to the private IP of the apps server. I am about to throw this out. This is too difficult.
But if this is done for you, there is nothing to do but put APP server on LAN, and put teh FQDN in the app.

OP Offline
There must be an issue in the firewall then. I just don't understand why I can't have a public IP on the server and try to connect to that. If my FQDN is resolving to my WAN IP, why can't I change the IP of my server to the WAN IP and plug the server directly into the LAN port on the T1 router? I then put in the FQDN as the server name on the phone. This way I have bypassed the firewall. This is only to test. Our IT dept is extremely busy and I am not getting much assistance.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Just guessing here, but your WAN IP is already assigned to your router!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,651 Shoretel
189,541 CTX100 install
187,787 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Yoda, newtecky), 135 guests, and 270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024