web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
This site is great. I just ran across it. I have a customer that swears that inside calls (motel room to console) calls when the system is in night service were routed to the same extension as incoming (trunk ) calls. I can't find any info in the Mitel books saying that is even an option. I'm pulling out my hair on this one but could just have a brain block and not seeing it. Sure could use some help with this.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Please complete your profile.

I think, when the system is in night mode, all calls to the console will forward to the night call extn's. It's been a long time since I worked on a 216, in fact I don't think my 18 yr. old was born yet when I last logged into one.
mark

OP Offline
I was hoping so also, but it quit the other night, according to my customer. I cancelled call forwarding globally and restarted the switch. I believe other old sx models have a separate answer point for trunks and internal (dial 0) calls, as well as night bell options. They have always been a bit confusing to me. This book doesn't mention anything about the separate answer point though (mitel "factory" gen.216 manual). Maybe I'll review gen.217 sx 20, gen 503 etc and see if it was just an omission in the 216 book. It does mention different night service options in the features page but never gives any details elsewhere in the book. I have never cared for Mitel documentation. They generally have all the info in there but it's hell to find it. I wonder if it's a processor problem? If so, some people have gen.217 for next to nothing as they are so old. Thanks again for your help. I'll follow up if I figure this out.

OP Offline
Still no luck on the dial 0 calls in night service routing correctly. I checked generic 217 and there is a separate code for dial 0 calls ( *30 ) the code for trunk flexible night assignment is ( *3 ) When I try to do a *30 on the gen. 16, it goes into the *3 program; telling me that it is not a feature on the gen. 216 [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] This seems like a big omission to me, as the attendant can't forward the night calls to the remote extension like they can the trunks. Sure could use help from anyone. Thanks

In the Sx20 and 50,and 100 of the same generation you dial *21 + Trunk+Station
Flexible night service

It's been along time but I seem to remember Gen 216 behaving the way he describes. An upgrade to 217 would likely be the best solution, and that would bring the system into the 1980's it might cost him what? maybe $400 ?
mark

In the systems options flexible night service must be enabled,But In most cases as I remember ,it was default ,so most of the time it was not changed ,and as I recall the 200 had Night1, and night 2,Night answer port was assignable also.

OP Offline
Yep the sx 20's will do the inside dial zero calls to night answer point the same or different than the trunk answer point. The generic 217 also will, but still no reference to it in the generic 216 book. I think an upgrade to 217 is cheaper than the $400 now. I talked once to a supplier in Cali that told me they had thrown away all their sx 100, 200 cabinetry, pwr, supplies etc and would sell the cards they had left for next to nothing. I bet there are other suppliers getting to that point with old stuff like this. Thanks for the help , anyway. The customer now says it never did go to a night answer point for inside dial zero calls. Language barrier.. I don't know much Gujarati.. hehe I still find it hard to believe that generic 216 would leave this feature out. Hell, If one could just forward all calls from the console it would work as they always leave the sytem in night and answer from the manager's apartment anyway. I tried pulling the plug on the console to put in night service, then dial 0 calls just ring into 'space'. It just seems like Im really missing something..

On the 216, to route internal calls to the nite attendent point, you have to number that point as extension 0. Then assign a different number to the console and call forward extension 0 to that number for day service.

Funky, you bet, but that's the only way I've found to make a 216 work.

upgrade to a 217 is better option, if you can pry the money out of their hands

OP Offline
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Touch Tone Tommy, Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord), 81 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024