web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I am having a problem finding the correct method for callforwarding an ext. to a cell phone number for example.
I have tried every feature for forwarding in the user guide and i can't seem to get this feature to work.Callforwarding is enabled.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
How about your trunk to trunk settings?
& possibly your device interconnection table.

------------------
Bound to cover,
just a little more ground.

OP Offline
I did find out that there must be a callforward access code dialed and also an abbreviated dial access code entered and here is where the external number would be located..I am not sure if this would work anyhow i thought i'd let you know what i have found.

OP Offline
does anyone know the correct command to activate the callforwarding external from the phone itself?
Thanks much...

OP Offline
Hey folks,
I am still looking for the correct procedure to activate external call forwarding from a 4025 superset.
Any help would be appreciated!!

Well, if you have Call Forwarding enabled in your class of service you can do the following to call forward external:

1: Create a system speed dial bin with the number that you want to forward to. Using the superkey select call forwarding always. Program the destination as the speed dial feature access code and the bin number. (For example, if 4 is the feature access code for speed dials and 66 was the bin number you would enter 466). Press save and then make sure that you turn it on. You can check this by going back into the call forward setup. If you see a * behind the destination it is enabled. If not use the softkey to turn it on.

2. This is a better way for the end user.
Program a speed dial key on the set. Program call forwarding as above but when propted to enter destination, press the button that you programmed and it will enter the number for you.

You cannot just enter a any number into the call forwarding for security reasons. This makes it a little harder for the end user to forward their phones where ever using up trunks.

You could also program a call forward always key on the set and toggle the forwarding on and off at your pleasure.

This feature will not work if the system is not programmed correctly. One way to check is the call the extension internally. If it forwards to your external number your programming is good for destination and what your set is allowed to do. If it does not work when you call from the outside, there is a programming issue with trunk to trunk transfer or device interconnect restrictions.

Hope I didn't lose you in my explanation.

Simon

OP Offline
Thank you very much MitelMan..This explanation helped me tremendously.
I will keep you posted on the results..Thank you for your time!!

Mitelman.

I've tried the same thing on my ICP 3300. But i can seem to get it to work. On the 3300 i can only find a personal invoke/store/remove feature access code. Is there a way to configure such a solution with only 1 button to be pressed? So i can configure several external numbers and forward all call to number on the PKM or phone programmed button?

Regards,

Keyracer

Keyracer, on the 3300 it is even simpler to forward to an external number. Use th superkey to select call forward always and enter 9+number as the destination and save and turn on.

Mitelman,

I've figured it out. The problem lies within the web interface. You cannot assign a feature access code and external number via the system administrator option to a button. But you can via the group administrator option.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,701 CTX100 install
186,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024