web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Guess not! John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Thanks everyone for your help.

you guys are a awesome! Thanks for giving me a good laugh. I'm just curious how the project turned out?

Gotta admit, you've gotten my curiosity up. How about it WalkerBoh? John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
WalkerBoh,

I know this is an old thread, but I'm very interested in knowing how this project turned out and if you could post some of the things you learned?

I'm facing the same process myself and these phone system types are a real 'ole boys club', especially with regards to dealing with computer/networking types.

Fact is that these days we're forced to do lots of things outside our job description in the name of cost savings for the company, and keeping our jobs.

Anyway, I'm very interested in this project and it's outcome.

Presently I'm working on putting an Asterisk box along with an Astribank in between all our B1 lines. It will silently intercept all long distance calls and route them VoIP while sending the local calls out the PSTN. We hope to use some of the savings from this project down the road to migrate the whole system to Asterisk.

KLGIT,

Thanks for stopping by to insult us. I hope your migration goes well.

KLGIT, Welcome to the forum.

" Man, I got a HEADACHE from this thread, gotta quit checking it!
3 questions;
1 How often do you reboot your Mitel system?
2 How often do you reboot your computer?
3 I assume ALL your certifications are computer hardware/software related. Never been to any phone system factory schools, have you?"

Sorry, but the questions are just as valid today as they were almost TWO years ago.

What brand of system are you migrating from? How old is it? Do you have any complaints other than VOIP incompatibility? Have you calculated the TRUE cost of converting to VOIP for LD? (You might want to PM Kumba, or post in the VOIP forum.) And the Feds ARE going to figure out that Voip 'lines' are a NEW source of revenue (TAXES), and then the whole exercise will be a waste of time.

And you might want to investigate the VOIP capabilities of your present system, no matter the brand. The latest and greatest Mitel is Voip capable, with automatic routing of calls. Of course there are other brands that have the same capabilities.

And you might consider lightening up on the
"I'm facing the same process myself and these phone system types are a real 'ole boys club', especially with regards to dealing with computer/networking types." if you really want some assistance.
Later Gator, John C.

No insult intended.
I was mostly referring to the telco's and hardware vendors. Tried getting info from your telco on their system? My telco outright told me they wouldn't help us at all and they wouldn't support us anymore either. How's that for service.

And you have to admit, there's a lot of "serves you IT guys right for trying to do a telco guys job" type comments on various Internet forums. It's generally pretty unfair since most of the IT guys bumbling through this telco stuff had these projects dumped on them by their company. "Hey phones have plugs and wires, so this must be your job"
What are we supposed to do in these troubled economic times, refuse?

Anyway, the comment was not intended for those here. I mistakenly assumed that was obvious since you wouldn't be here in a help forum if you were an unhelpful old boys club member. Right?

;')

I think you will find that most of my colleges who contribute to this board will go out of their way in providing assistance. That being said, John C has some valid points. Why are you considering replacing a system that has been developed of many years, having a proven track record and available manufacturer support with one that doesn't provide any of these?

The SX200 is fairly easy to program and maintain. There are also programs that enable migration to the 3300.

What you are trying to do with using Asterisk as a gateway, is likely fairly straight forward. You could use the routing inside the 200 to choose to send the calls to the asterisk box or dial out a local attached trunk. Without knowing your current configuration, I can't say what my best approach would be. I do think you will need some type of T1 E&M conectivity between the 2 systems.

Old-boys club? The are very knowledgeable and helpful girls (ladies) here also…

These techs here have been extremely helpful to WalkerBoh… John points out the obvious and asks questions that are important to the project. Knowing what you have and what you are trying to achieve before you plan an upgrade is also critical… 2 weeks into the post, quote from walker “UPDATE:Bay 04 Slot 06 has AMI&ZCS for coding because it connects to another remote Mitel PBX offsite.” If they want to replace their system, that’s their choice. As you can see he went to Mitel, who has always been extremely helpful to me for the last 21 years, and received no assistance, then he came here to get a lot of advice. I think everyone would like to know how the project turned out, hopefully well, but he never came back to tell us.

JimmyV

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires. Even if it were, it would be of no practical value" Boston Post, 1865
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, JBean3329, mongo5150), 109 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024