Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
bditech Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the ideals on this post the last time but found out the room phone in 317 will ring at 5:15 or 5:300 in the mornings and at 10 min intervils. Seems strange and the print out didnt show it as a wake up call. This has happen for a month they said.
Thanks eek

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do other wake-up calls print out? Make sure system options (command 100)register 10 bit "d" is a 1 to enable printout. Also make sure your Tel machine is set for mode 7 or 8. Maybe just try cancelling the wake-up call (reminder) for that extension.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Is ext 317 the 1st equipped ons port? If so, someone has invoked RAD for wakeup in command 100. I don't have anything handy to look up the register, sorry. WT, you got 50 forms handy? The 1st time I ran into this, it REALLY twisted my tail! I literally blundered into the cure when I was going thru the registers and reading every bit out of desperation! smile John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
bditech Offline OP
OP Offline
This system has been in for 5 yrs why would it happen now on the RAD and what is the code for taking call forward off the phone i will try that first Thank you

In Command 100, Register 10, Bit 'C' controls Automatic Wakeup...
a value of '0' will disable Automatic Wakeup,
a value of '1' will Enable with Wake-up Tone,
a value of '2' will enable with music, and
a value of '3' will enable with intercept to RAD.

Another possibility to check: If the property has voice mail, and if the voice mail offers the guest the option to set their own wakeup call, and if the voicemail isn't integrated with the PMS to reset the boxes for new checkins... could be a wakeup was set by a guest with busy fingers and has never been canceled. I know that's reaching a little but I've seen weirder stuff happen.

And the default code for CFBNA is '60'

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
bditech: it happened to me when I walked in on a system that had been moved from owners HIE to Scotsman motel. Been in service for 5 years, didn't bother to mention it got moved after 2 years and the mover knew little or nothing about SX50's. They couldn't rent room 101 for 3 years, until yours truly was evaluating both motels for SA's and the problem was mentioned. Took a while but I fixed it. THEN they said "Oh, we had wakeup announcer @ HIE". And no, my 'expert knowledge' didn't get us the SA's , but they do call us for service! smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
And TECHarry has an interesting possibility, as well. smile John C.

I am just curious if somehow that phone got into a different COS that has MSG waiting setup as ringing instead of lamp and that is causing it. And if not but the property has voice mail then it is possible that particular VM box has additional "outdial" notification set up and it is ringing the phone. that would certainly explain the time parameters you mentioned since notification times are programmable in most VM systems. Let us know what it was.

Oops sorry - didn't read the previous post in which my "outdial notification from VMS" was suggested. So in the words of the late, great Gilda Radner as Rosanne Rosanna Danna "Oh well - Never mind."

1 ringy-dingy, 2 ringy-dingy, is this the party to whom I'm speaking? smile

bditech, anything new? Inqiring minds want to know. Don't be like a lot of folks that hang around here, and find the fix, either something from us or something else, and don't bother to check back! John C. (Not Garand)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 140 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024