web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#106382 08/23/07 08:36 AM
GTech Offline OP
OP Offline
Greetings,

I am having a problem with a SX200 EL. The SMDR is having a problem of not printing out to the Call accounting system. It works sometimes. I would like to have the console print SMDR to the call accounting system. Please advise. Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#106383 08/23/07 09:08 AM
PM sent!

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
#106384 08/23/07 11:37 PM
Make sure all the connections are secure and the length of the run is not too long.

If it works sometimes you can rule out Baud, parity etc.... The handshaking could be a problem.

If distance is a factor, you can get an RS-232 in-line booster, or move the CAS closer to the SMDR.

The console can be used if it has a serial connection on the back, if so you can direct SMDR to that port by assinging the dataset to that BSC.

Good luck.

Located in Southern California.
Mitel, Avaya, Nortel and Hitachi Products and services for Hospitality and Business sectors. Tel: 1-800-329-7971
#106385 08/24/07 12:56 AM
In form 11, define a circuit descriptor with the appropriate baud, parity, etc.
In form 12, on the same PLID as the console, define the dscons port with an ext. number, and the CDN from form 11.
In form 34, define the ext. number of the dscons port as the output point for smdr.
Reset the SC1000 to ensure the serial port is activated.

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
#106386 08/24/07 11:05 AM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Based on the original question, it sounds like you have a handshake problem with the call accounting system. Is it computer based? If so, and it used to work reliably, I'd look to the computer/software. Mitel serial ports are usually very reliable. Unless their programming has been messed with by someone trying to 'improve' something, or 'change' something.
Most of all, WHAT HAS BEEN CHANGED RECENTLY? New/repaired/upgraded computer? CAS/computer moved?
John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#106387 08/24/07 11:13 AM
Didn't even ask you what kind of CAS you have - can you tell us please.

#106388 08/24/07 11:36 AM
GTech Offline OP
OP Offline
The system is a Tel electronics In Form XL, They had a previos old one that worked, but for some reason started printing strange characters. It worked okay with my laptop, but then stopped. The odd thing is that when I have the SMDR port plugged in and I am pluggen into the maint., I can't login. Unplug the SMDR, I can login. I have but 3/4 inches from the back of the system to the wall to work with. I don't want to ground the system out by bending the pins or something like that. I think the best solution is to redirect the SMDR out via the console. Thanks

#106389 08/25/07 06:50 AM
Sorry if you already know this, but on the Innform XL hit the Management access key, put in last 4 digits of prop's tel number (that's the default from tel)and hit enter .printer should print management access. Hit mode set button press 8, then hit enter. System is now in pass through mode. Anything hitting the Tel should print out. If you are not getting anything watch the led to the right of the LCD display window - that should flicker anytime SMDR hits the TEL. If still nothing plug the SMDR directly into the printer and try (if this is an InnForm XL it will have a serial printer which is already set to the same baud rate as the SMDR. If nothing there then carry the printer back to the phone room and plug directly into printer port on the PBX.

My guess is that if you are getting nothing at the CAS location it is probably a cable problem. You can always. through a mini line tester on the SMDR cable and that will tell you very quickly.

#106390 08/25/07 10:29 AM
Dane and GTech, Dane check me on this. SMDR can be directed to multiple outputs. Can it be directed to the maintenance port, and if so, was it? That would certainly explain part of the problem! I'm thinking SMDR cable is getting plugged into the Maint. port on the back of the EL cabinet. Then terminal plugged into MCC in the front of the cabinet. OOOPS! smile John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#106391 08/25/07 10:44 AM
You can direct different kinds of SMDR to different ports but not the same SMDR to multiple ports. The confusing thing here is that he seems to be getting "sporadic" smdr. That is why I suggested putting the CAS in pass through and then generate some calls to see if all of them print out - there may be some very hokey programming in the TEL. If you want you can get into management access as I described above and hit "program" then "10" then enter. This will print out all of your mark-ups surcharges and grace periods. There may be something dropping certain calls. If you do get everything printing out when you have it in pass through then change the mode to 9 which is checking mode and this will tell you why certain calls are not getting posted.

On the other hand if you still only have the sporadic calls when in pass though then you will have to hook the printer or a laptop up to the SMDR cable directly and see if your results differ. Sometimes if you have a loos conncetion on the DB25 for SMDR or a minor short on the cable it can cause sporadic problems. Which begs another question - is the SMDR running off a cable that is home run right to the PBX or are there cross-connect points? I know these kind of problems can be like chasing ghosts and can get pretty frustrating

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024