Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
sp9239 Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone!
Please help with MITEL SX-50
Error 66-N G is displayed on Console after
a power outage that lasted for 1 Hour and Five minutes.

Also, getting Alarm that say's:
A30 0127 NVR DATA OUT OF RANGE

Attempted: reset of the console, reset of the PBX
The Display on the back board of PBX is 0 (zero).

Thanks!
Sam

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Try plugging the console in directly on the Misc board.

sp9239 Offline OP
OP Offline
DrPbx

I tried above solution and still getting the same
error.

The A30 alarm indicates that some value in programming has been entered outside of allowable range. If you are getting this from the get go when the system is powered up something weird is going on. Anyway a flashing 0 is normal for an operating system.

Sorry but I am not familiar with - nor can I find in the docs - the 66 - N G alarm.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
I hate to be the provider of bad news, but when is the last time your memory battery was changed? Sounds like your system is 'dumb', esp. since power was down over an hour, and I'll bet that battery has been thru some other failures. It's Lithium and not rechargeable. It may be time for a default and reprogram, AFTER you replace the memory battery. Probably a CR2032, available a lot of places, including wally world. If software is 50 or 51, you'll need Tadiran TL5135, hard to find. Probably DIGI-KEY will be easiest. You DO have a paper copy of your program, right? smile If you don't now, I'll bet you do after you're up and running again! frown John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Hey, ALL you SX50 owner/users. CHANGE YOUR MEMORY BATTERY. If you don't know how, call your provider. Guarantee that an hour of labor and a trip charge now is a WHOLE lot cheaper than 4-6 hours of labor and 1-2 trip charges later!
And all you other owner/users, couldn't hurt to at least ASK your provider/servicer about memory backup batteries/capacitors. I'm not talking about your UPS, although those batteries aren't much good after 3 years either. They ALL go bad eventually. After all they are man-made. John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
sp9239 Offline OP
OP Offline
Guess What?
I got power outage again today and after it came
back the PBX SX-50 went into same problem. Lost of programming.

Is the Memory Battery different from backu-up battery. The back-up battery was replaced on Feb. 2008.

I'd say Lightninghorse nailed it!

The memory backup battery on the SX50 is socket mounted on the processor board (on the right side of the card cage, facing the cabinet). It's job is to keep voltage across the memory in case of a loss of AC power, whether planned or accidental. The back-up battery or UPS will only protect the system during a power outtage, and only for a short period of time.

As mentioned above, it's probably a CR2032 (about $4.50 a pair). Before you do anything else, replace it! After you get the system back in service, get a paper printout of your program, too.

BTW... unless the power was out for an extended period of time, I'd also check that the back-up battery is actually supporting the system adequately... but ONLY after you've replaced the memory battery!

Good luck,

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
Dang,it would seem I was correct. That's what happens when you're in this biz too long! smile John C. (Not Garand)

Wouldn't it be nice if people who ask for help would let us know how things work out? :idea:

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,611 Shoretel
189,499 CTX100 install
187,739 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 97 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024