web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I wasn't sure whether to post this under Mitel or VM.

I have an SX-50 with DNIC integration to an old, very old DOS based Innovations VM. I just replaced the motherboard on the VM, and when I put everything back, I have one problem. When a caller transfers to a room or a superset, the forwarding works, but I go to the main greeting instead of that user's voice mail box. I know we have a manual somewhere, but we are unable to locate it. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

Phil

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

need to redo all the programming for the voice mail boxes. When the system does not recognize the extension it will play the general greeting. Could also be the integration files for the specific type of phone system.

OP Offline
Do you happen to know what the integration settings should be? I can dial 555 then # and the MBX number and the MBX is there. I just can't go to it straight from an unsupervised transfer.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Where did you get the motherboard? And are the BIOS chips the same as the old BIOS chips. If you have access to a SS420 or 430, plug it in instead of the VM and see what the display says when a call is transferred, before and after you answer the call with the SS. After all, the VM ports are just emulating an SS to get the info. If you replaced the port interface card, hope you got an identical one. If the MB was bad in the computer, it's possible that the port card and/or the DNIC card was damaged, too. frown John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
Thanks John. We thought about the DNIC card being bad. That was going to be the next step. The motherboard is a only different in that it has three EISA slots instead of four. It is a SiS Socket7 like the original one. Same design except for the EISA and the VGA card slot. I haven't tried the SS in place of the VM yet, will try that on Monday. I am just hoping there isn't any special integration note that has to be in place like in an Executone or Vodavi system. When I go into PBX integration on this one it has SX-50 DNIC as an option. One of the guys that used to work on these said the DNIC passes something like CID to the VM and that is how it recognizes which MBX to forward to, but I have no experience whatsoever with the SX-50.

The SX 50 integrations is weird - you are going to have to program in the actual keystrokes because the standard integration never used to work properly

Wait - the keystroke programming may be on the message waiting. Have you tried leaving a message directly on a mailbox without calling the extension and seeing if it will try to illuminate the mw light?

OP Offline
I didn't check that yet. The MWI were illuminated on several phones already. I didn't try to turn those off via I believe it is #65 or something like that. I just wish Icould find the manual, I am actually a data geek, and got pulled into this one cause of my PC repair and former telephone experience. I just never learned Mitel, it was Executine, Inter-Tel,Vodavi lines. Anyone know where I can get the Inn Line manual or the integration notes? I plan on changing the DNIC if we have one, but I could use any other leads you guys think I should try. I will try the MWI option.

can you get into the programming on the InnLine ?

OP Offline
Hey Dane,

I can get into the programming. I have checke dthe PBX integration parameter, and it is set to SX-50 DNIC. This field is changeable to other types of systems, but I am unable to locate any fields that deal with digit reception or transmission. If you have something I can check, that would be great.

If you call voicemail directly from an admin station that has a mailbox, does it ask for your password, or does it play the main greeting??

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
OP Offline
it plays the main greeting, then I have to dial #MBX, and then it asks for passcode.

This is going to sound stupid, but is the SS card a DNIC OR a COV? That would explain why the VM answers, but gets no data. In both cases the interface card actually reads the display info from the data stream, but the info is not the same. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
It is an 8 port DNIC. When I monitor the port, it shows get digits, then plays the main greeting. Do you guys know if the DNIC is the problem? We are going to try and find one and replace it just in case.

OP Offline
I also had Innovations email me the install manual, and I have everything set the way it shows. I also, hooked up a SS to one of the ports and it works okay.

OP Offline
I forgot to try looking at the display of the superset, although I did look while I was ringing it an it showed the extension I was calling from.

If it was showing the calling ext number then it is probably working correctly. A total check would be to see what the display is when a call is forwarded from a room. You're going to have to call a room that is set to forward to VM and see what the display is when the call gets to the SS. Also, be sure to check ALL the SS ports that calls go to. You probably have a 4-port VM with port 4 in a separate group that does call-outs to set MW lamp on or off, as appropriate. But, the room phones should not call that extension/group to retrieve messages. Do the phones have a stored speed dial number to retrieve messages? Or directions to dial a code that actually is the group access code? John C.

OP Offline
The phones have directions to call the pilot number of 555. I am not sure about which port is defined to be used for MWI on/off. I can check that as well. I have to find out if we have a DNIC coming in. The one thing thaat did happen when I called the SS, it showed 303 and then all lines after that. I need to try the call to a room, with the SS plugged into the port, should it show the digit string with the transfer to MBX code, or will it just show what ext is calling the VM?

It should show 'some' indication that the call is forwarded from ext (room #). It will probably also show the original source of the call, generally it would be a trunk number, but in a 'room-to-room' call, it may show the originating ext, but that wouldn't be necessary, unless the VM is also performing AA duty. It should read something like "FWD FROM (room #)". (It's been 10 years since I installed an Inn-Line on a 50!) John C.

If the voice mail/AA answers, when it's called, and you can clearly hear the machine, the problem is not the DNIC cards (Mitel or dialogic).
The voice mail answers with the AA greeting if it does not recognize the extension number that's calling it.
Keep it simple. If you call voice mail, and it doesn't know who you are, it's either the box doesn't match the extension number, or the voice mail isn't receiving the digits properly.
If it's not receiving the digits, the problem would be the COS programing of the DNIC ports in the Mitel.
Work on the simple stuff, then worry about the forwarding, MW, wakeups, etc.

Good point Fred. Since I'm sure he would be tickled to death to sell an SX50 DNIC card, pay attention. After all is said and done, it is the I/L that has been worked on. But, Fred, the DNIC could be sending partly garbled info. That's why I wanted him to see what a forwarded call showed. Did he ever say WHY he replaced the mother board? Was it for the same reason? John C.

Just curious, if this is a hospitality setup (you're talking InnLine and saying "room") is the the system interfaced to the PMS and is the PMS database synched up with the voicemail database? If ths InnLine doesn't show this as a checked-in room, that could be causing the problem.

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
Good thought Harry, BUT the SX50 has no provision for PMS interface. frown Although, thinking about it, that's not all bad. And I'll bet that I'll get no argument from the rest of you folks that have fought PMS systems and their "support"! smile John C.

Sorry, John. Didn't think of that. I've done CoVoice on the SX-50 before and forgot that their interface is through a special card. For some reason, I thought InnLine was able to interface through a Calista card too.

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
OP Offline
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here. I got the DNIC in today and it changed nothing. Still the same condition. I hooked up a SS to one of the ports, busied out the other three, called 555, saw the digits 303 which is the extension I was calling from, pop up on the display, but nothing else. I then tried, deleting and re-creating mailbox 100, no change. I am beginning to believe that the issue is in the PBX. It is not sending the prefix digit of either * or # when a station is calling it to retrieve messsages or to leave a message, although I have no idea where or what this is called in the SX-50. I thank you for all your ideas, and support. I am requesting that a tech with a little more knowledge on the 50 go out with me tomorrow, and if that fails then I have a TeleKol with COV integration that I am going to attemp to install. Is there anything special about putting in a COV card on the 50 that I need to change from the DNIC to like in programming, or will it just come up since it is a hard coded card?

Thanks again everyone for ideas and suggestions!!

OP Offline
Also, there is a nother card in the InnLine that is two port, that has two 6 pin cords going into the Dialogic card. What is that board for? Could it be causing the issue?

Why would you delete and then add mailbox number 100, if you're calling in from ext. 303???

Okay - I tried to read back over this stuff, but excuse me if I am repeating anyone. First - the extensions do not need to send a * or # for leave or retrieve. Since this is DNIC / COV integration.
Don't worry about the other boards they are either dialogic or Rhetorix cards (I think Innovations used dialogic). You haven't even gotten to the point where they might be causing a problem (but I am sure they are fine). I didn't see anyone ask this question? Have you gone back to look to make sure that the COS of those ports have the bit enabled for COV VM port?

OP Offline
Hey Dane,

I have not checked the COS on those ports...Hope I can figure out to do that. I will find that function in the manual and check that.

In reply to fifty5footer, Dane had suggested at the beginning of this post, that I delete the mailbox info and try rebuilding it. So I tried one box instead of blowing away the entire system, without the need to go that far.

When you determine which COS is assigned to the VM-DNIC ports, check Register '3', Bit 'K'. Probably should be 1 = *. Probably is 0 = disable.
Also, your interface card in the computer is probably a Calista. The secondary card is the SS emulation that translates the display data to DOS-ese. I believe it should be plugged on to the primary card. Check that, you may have a problem of adjacent card slots not close enough together.
AND DO NOT change to a COV card, the DNIC interface will NOT work. And reprogramming will be required in the SX50. John C.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, justbill), 44 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024