Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi All,
I'm stumped, so here's the scenario.
I have a fairly new customer who called and told me this feature used to work.

1) All incoming calls come in on a T1 (form 15) and are routed in form 19 to Analog voice mail AA hunt group for N1 & N2

2)It's a Multi console setup (4) and the consoles are always kept in N1 so the AA gets the call and does a blind transfer on 0 etc. the consoles are in Tenant 2 everything else in Tenant 1. Everything is working fine except..

3) When calling from the outside and you dial 0 if the console is not answered it will continue to ring the console and eventually disconnect the call, they say that it use to recall back to the AA greeting after 20 rings or so. No programming has been changed that I know of to cause it to stop working.

What I've checked:
1) Console call fwd enable, but it's always in night 1 so I'm not sure if that even applies.

2)form 19 tenant 1 & 2 DID no ans recall to hunt group # in N1/N2

3) I've watched calls in Maintenance and the call fwd timer kicks in but doesn't go to hunt group.

4)I've checked the recall timer in the VM COS

5)All the LDN #'s for dial 0 are the same in Day N1, N2. The 200 Doc's read something like recall won't take effect if they are all the same, but they say it did work before but I'm having my doubts.

6) my head hurts thinking about it any longer and I ran it by tech support but they're reading the same Docs that I am.

7) Bottom line: Does anyone out there know if it "should" work in the current config or what I need to check to get it to work.

Thanks in Advance,

Mark

BTW: My thinking is if 4 consoles don't answer after 20 rings, going back to the AA to hit 0 again doesn't sound promising but...

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I used to have a customer who wanted the calls to route every way possible to the VM/AA because he said he couldn't get his employees to answer the phone. I thought he should fire their posteriors but I think they were all relatives. But enough about that.

Attendant Call Forward No Answer --- goes to the night 1 answer point. The Day and Night 1 answer points MUST be different for this to happen. I would try setting the Day answer position to an extension that is "call forward always" to the VM hunt group. Depending on the type of VM you have there may be some other options. When I used to do a lot of Active Voice they had "Transaction boxes" and I would route the ATT call FWD no Answer" in this kind of situation to one of those so they would get a different announcement and dialing choices.

But again if they want it to go to the same place and the console is always in NIGHT 1 then I would day answer point to an ext that is always forwarded to VM AA hunt group.

That should take care of incoming calls on the main number but anything that is CFWD or recall from DID/TIE are NEVER going to reroute. You will need to figure something out for those.

In short - if they said it was working the way they say with the current programming they are blowing smoke.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
If you change the operator access code to something besides '0' in the Mitel, you can make '0' a hunt group, an extension forwarded to wherever you want, etc. I'm really intrigued, though, can you give us any idea who or what the customer is. 4 consoles on a 200D is kinda unusual, unless there are, or were, 4 tenants. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
Thanks guys for the response and like Dane said I think they are blowing smoke or just thought it worked, the Owner said it used to work and the front Desk person I spoke with doesn't ever remember it doing it, the down side is that I've already spent 3 hrs or better trying to figure out why it "suddenly" Stopped working which I'll never be able to bill for.

4 Consoles:Good question, I think they got a deal on them...lol It's just a standard chain Hotel with 2 Consoles at the front desk and 2 in the back office.

A transfered call on a Mitel system will ALWAYS recall, unless the system tells it to route otherwise.
First, make sure the AA is doing a blind transfer to "0", and not a supervised transfer. Also make sure the AA isn't translating "0" into a different sccess code.
What is the Dial 0 destination in form 19?? Is it an LDN, or the extension number of a console? The rerouting options only work on LDN keys.
Sounds to me like the AA timer is set higher than the ringing disconnect timer in form 4 (system options).

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
Like I said it the DAY and NIGHT 1 answer point it will not reroute like they say. I'm sure there are creative ways to work around this but need to know exactly what they want it to do and what they are willing to accept.

Something else to investigate, WHEN did the function suddenly stop functioning. Yesterday, last week, last year, the last time the previous servicer was there? Does the customer, or any employee know how to get into programming of either the Mitel, or the AA? If the outfit has access to programming, it's time to find out what they were trying to 'improve' when the function stopped working.(If, as you allude to, it EVER worked as described.) (Whoa, another 1 of those obscure words!) John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 97 guests, and 292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024