web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rci Offline OP
OP Offline
I have SX50 with 69 stations, 3 incoming and 4 outgoing lines. For last 2 years i been using telco lines for all incomming calls and the all 4 outgoing trunks are conneced to 2 Sipura 2000
using 4 Voipdiscount sip accounts. This combination worked fine. Just a note that the call quality is not my main priority because for all US and Canada calls were free.
Now I want to use Blackjack adapter because it will be cheaper and it provides 911 and call forwarding (to my main incoming number). So i disconnected one line out of Sipura and connected to Majicjack (connected to running desktop with cable highspeed internet service).
Now when i test this trunk from console, using function 19 and trunk number (71), it gives me busy tone eventhough majicjack has dialtone and can call out from computer fine with good dialtone and good call quality.

What settings i have to change in trunk equipment programming for this to work. (if i connect back to sipura that trunk works flawlessly.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Two things:
1. The Mitel SX50 IS polarity sensitive! If tip and ring are turned over, the trunk will not work reliably, at best. At worst, it won't work at all. I suspect that the MagicJack doesnt have "Telco" standard 48 Volts, On-hook.
2. The SX50 doesn't work very well, if at all, with On-hook voltages under 30 Volts. If your software is MS53/54/55 check register 1 of the trunk and if bit 'D' is "1", change it to "0". That SOMETIMES helps with low line voltages. If that doesn't help, be sure and change it back. Setting it to "0" CAN damage the port, under the wrong circumstances!
All that said, I think you are making a serious mistake in considering the MagicJack for 1 or more lines in your motel. That is with 25+ years of experience in the hospitality communications business! And your Mitel CAN be programmed to send 911 calls through the 3 REAL "Telco" lines. I would suggest you consider dropping 1 of your "Telco" lines to cut costs. If you are considering changing to all MagicJack, realize that you will need FOUR, reliable, computers running 24/7/365! John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
rci Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks John for reply.
The reg 1 bit D is already 0. But it did not help.
I do intent to keep 3 telco lines which i use for incoming calls but i will need help to program 911 to go through the telco lines if is possible. By the way on these three lines i have reg 1 bit B as 0's for all 3 lines.Can you help me setting up these 3 lines to be used for 911 calls?

And any other ideas on blackjack get working, i will check the polarity to see they are correct.

Thanks.
DP

I have 2 mj's connected to a 200 analog
and they work fine!

rci, Regarding the 911 programmimg, it's not a quick and simple thing to do on the phone. I've done it using RMATS, but you probably are not equipped with an RMATS module. Suggest you get a local Mitel tech to help you out. Check out the installers tab above or the help wanted fourm on down the main page. Or someone who is nearby and reads this thread will contact you. Have you succeded in getting the MagicJack working yet?
John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
rci Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks John and mainframe for keeping my hope alive on using magicjack with SX-50. I have not gone to the work last couple days but going to try it tomorrow morning and first use a phoneline polarity tester and connect it to magicjack to see what it shows and then go from there.
As far as RMATS module is concerned, i do not have that but if you can give me some hints on what commands and registers it effects maybe i can follow my extended manuals and Data Entry Tables to see if i can get some ideas how to proceed.

By the way mainframe, can you shed some light on connecting magicjack, like if you had to check polarity of the majicjack plug output, or if you had to do any changes in the pbx data entry tables.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

DP

The programming to route 911 calls thru the REAL telco trunks will happen in the ARS tables, 700 thru 752. Also, you will have to put the 3 REAL telco lines in a trunk group. AND while you are programming in ANY ARS table, outbound calls will be totally blocked for any extension whose calls are routed by ARS. John C.

rci Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello John,
This morning i reversed the pair of wires on a line and the busy tone disappeared but now the dial tone do not come back on after a call is disconnected unless i use a connect a test phone to the pair on the punch block and lift the headset and put it back on the base. Now if i test Function 19 then trunk # it gives me dial tone and i can place a call but as soon as i hang up and do Fn19+trunk#, it is silent, no dial tone. Any suggestion what command need to change?

I did dump the data and made a data file for MS Word and by the way my software is way old it says Generic 3504A-79-02-00 FP1-M2.

I do have 3 real telco lines hooked to my PBX for incomming calls only Command 566, 567, 568 Reg 1 bit b is 0's. And I think some time ago I tried to program 911 to go to these telco lines. I do not know if it works or not that way.

Can I some how send you my Data Dump to see if you can correct my mistakes for 911 forwarding and if majicjack needs any in my data to work?

I appreciate all your help.

Thanks.

DP

DP, sometimes, when I use my MagicJack, there is a delay in dial tone, and sometimes, IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN. With a S/L phone. no big thing, but in a Mitel, that will cause alarms, and busy-outs. And if you release, before you get dial tone, it will alarm and busy-out the trunk. There are provisions for disabling trunk alarms, but then when you really do have a problem, you won't know it.
"Can I some how send you my Data Dump to see if you can correct my mistakes for 911 forwarding and if majicjack needs any in my data to work?"
Send it to my e-mail and I'll take a look and see where you went wrong. Don't 'zip' it, I have seen that change a few bits and drive me bananas! smile John C.

rci Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello John, Thanks for the response. I emailed you the Data Dump and will wait for your response.

Thanks

DP

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Curlycord), 55 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024