web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
mbtel Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a customer with 2 extns. in each room & wants primary extn to be forwarded on no ans./busy to secondary and if no ans./busy go to voicemail box. Now if we call the secondary extn directly it works fine & is forwarded to voivemail box, but if we call the primary extn. ,it is forwarded to secondary extn. Ok, but the secondary extn. then is forwarded to voicemail hunt group & not the guest mailbox. I tried different ways, went through the handbook but no use, Does anyone have an idea if this can be done, then how??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The mailbox needs to match the first ext. number, not the second.

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
mbtel Offline OP
OP Offline
fifty5footer i created a mailbox for secondary extn. with mailbox no. of primary but it did not work, is this waht you meant, pls. explain

All that you need is a mailbox for the primary ext. The mailbox type is 'guest', and the ext. number should match the mailbox number.

mbtel Offline OP
OP Offline
That will just give a mailbox for primary extn., what I want is the call should first ring on primary, on busy/ no answer forwarded to secondary extn. which if busy/no answer then go to mailbox.

Set line 1 to call forward to line 2. Set line 2 to call forward to the voicemail hunt group. When the call finally arrives at the voice mail system, it will carry the ID of line #1 with it. Otherwise, add the "Guest Suite' option to the system, and all of this forwarding works automatically.

I guess id you used NNN and *NNN(NNN*) for the first and second extension then following 55footer's advice you could call either and arrive in the first box.

This does assume embedded v/m. Some call pricer's will also consider theses to be them same. Regardless, this is a poormans Guest Suite CF and you would want to use that option if possible.

mbtel Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you everyone for inputs, Johnp you guessed it right, we have primary extn as NNN & secondary as 7NNN but i cannot use forwarding becuse it is interfaced with profitmanager, so everytime a chkout is done it clears all forwarding for extensions in that room. Is there a way i can do permanent noans/busy forwarding for primary extn(NNN)so its not deleted on checkout or i was wondering if twinning option will work in my case

You're describing the exact reason "Suite Services" was implemented. You're not going to get it right, unless you enable that feature.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,554 Shoretel
189,429 CTX100 install
187,596 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 102 guests, and 229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024