web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#111365 03/02/10 09:03 AM
MTMike Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a SX200 ICP and normally our hotel always has someone at the front desk. At times when we are busy we would like to have the console phone forward to some of the back room phones when our front desk person is busy with customers. (after 6 or 7 rings).
Currently the console will continue to ring and does not forward. I would like some information on how to set up a logical line to CFW ring-no-answer from the console to a group of phones to have a live person pick up during busy times. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Set up in Form 19 Call Rerouting for Attendant LDN or CO No Answer. Depends on what kind of trunks you have. DID or CO.

MTMike Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks, do I set the number of rings before transfer there too?

Not sure about ICP, but in EL/ML, in the COS covering the attendant I had to
"ENABLE" Option 107 (Attendant Automatic Call Forward - No Answer)

& Then Option 118 (Attendant Call Forward No Answer Timer (10-240)) was where I set the rings/time until forward

When your this far North your on your own!!
For the most part, the software options that existed in the EL's, are still the same in the ICP's. The ICP just has additional options/features.
Calls that come into the console, will be forwarded to the originating device's N1 destination. You've gotta make sure you cover the non-dial in trunks, dial-in trunks, and dial 0 calls.
The most important thing is to make sure that the calls being sent to the console are pointed at the LDN keys on the console, NOT THE COSNOLE'S EXTENSION NUMBER!

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
MTMike Offline OP
OP Offline
I see in th emanual that I can not CFW to a logical line. Is the following sinerio the way to make this happen?

Create a phantom extension and have it appear on all phones in the answer group to ring immediately. Set up form 19 to have the phantom extension as the CFW number.
I have tried setting this to N1 as suggested previously, my dial-0 went immediately to the CFW number instead of the console and I did not change the DAY number.
I have DID Trunks and 8 analog lines coming in. my first call comes in on an analog line then rolls from the CO to my consoles DID extension number.
Thanks MTMike

Do you have your calls going to LDNs or the consoles extension? It works better to have calls going to LDN keys.

I see in th emanual that I can not CFW to a logical line. Is the following sinerio the way to make this happen?

Create a phantom extension and have it appear on all phones in the answer group to ring immediately. Set up form 19 to have the phantom extension as the CFW number.
I have tried setting this to N1 as suggested previously, my dial-0 went immediately to the CFW number instead of the console and I did not change the DAY number.
I have DID Trunks and 8 analog lines coming in. my first call comes in on an analog line then rolls from the CO to my consoles DID extension number.
Thanks MTMike
Is the system in night1 mode already? Is any tenanting being used? Form 19 actually does rerouting as opposed to call forward so you should read up on that operation.

MTMike Offline OP
OP Offline
I am using tenanting to send to Voice Mail. Right now all my DAY/N1/N2 numbers are set to the same LDN keys since the front desk is manned 24/7. Is it correct that if the COS for the console is set to FWD it will then go to N1 if in day mode. Unfortunately my tech support who installed the system is not able to help much.

Yes, it will go to the N1 point if in DAY. Dial in trunks use form 19 values, non dial in use form 14 values.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, hitechcomm), 142 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024