web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I heard a rumor that Hampton has a new requirement for lobby phones. They need to be allowed to make local calls, be restricted from calling a room directly, but allowed to be TRANSFERED to a room.
Any ideas on how to make that work?

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
If the room numbers start with a common digit, like 7, do it in ARS. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, will be a little tougher, but I think it can still be done! It's going to require a little thought! It will require putting lobby phones in a separate tenant, that still has access to '9' and /or '8' trunks. And the rest of the property with the exception of the admin cannot access that tenant. The more I think about this, the property will be required to have 4-digit room numbers starting with 7 or maybe 6.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
How would that stop the rooms from calling the directly, but allowing the console to transfer them to a room?

Because the call would be treated as a trunk call on a denied trunk group that is only available to the lobby phone, in its tenant group. It would not cause a problem in the admin and tenant group(s) because they would not have access to the lobby tenant group. The lobby phone would not have access to the rooms because ARS would kick in and take the call made by the lobby phone and deny the call. The digit string would be X, no following digits, local, and the route would be whatever you use for denied calls. I use 200. Devious but I think it will work. I don't have anything to try it on right now. My lab system is 150 miles away and I probably won't be there for another month, or more. Oh, the admin phone ext #'s could not start with 7, nor could the lobby phone(s).

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Why not just make the lobby phones direct to ars.Then when they need to call a room the console can call the lobby phone then transfer.

Not sure if cor still works on a direct to ars call.Now that I think about it I guess you are bypassing ars so cor will not work.

OP Offline
The ARS still works w/ direct to ARS. The requirement is for the lobby phone to call the front desk, and have the operator transfer.

What kind of system is it?

I think your answer is tenanting and device interconnect table.

TDS Offline
Use A phone with a programable speed dail to call
hotels main # & label front desk

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024