Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#111787 05/21/10 05:59 PM
wdg57 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi All,

I posted a question last July regarding this problem. I have a SX200EL with two bay's and MEM. All the rooms have a guest MB. My problem is that some of the rooms have the MW lamp lit on the phone. There is no VM message, no message of any sort sent to the extension, I've tried the send message +3 to clear the light to no avail. In Bay 1 slots 6-8 have a total of 29 extensions that are recieving the MWI. In Bay 2 slots 1-4 have a total of 42 recieving the MWI. The lights on the phones have a varying blinking cadence and brightness, with an analog VOM I can see the varying voltage sent to the port.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Possibly the MCC?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#111788 05/21/10 08:42 PM
I have some additional questions about this.
What happens when you dial the Call Message Sender code? Do the rest of the phones turn on and off like they are supposed to? How long has the system been in service? Were there any changes to the VM before this started to happen?

#111789 05/22/10 05:40 AM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
And 1 more, seemingly off the subject, question. What is the range of extension numbers and what are the local exchanges in Valdez?

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#111790 05/22/10 06:18 AM
wdg57 Offline OP
OP Offline
Steve: When I dial the call message Sender code I get reorder from the PBX. I haven't checked the room sets to see if the ones that don't have the MW lamp lit, are working normally or not (that's a good idea). I do know that the few 4025's they have are working correctly. The system has been in service for about 8 years I believe. There were no changes to the VM prior to this. The system was resetting itself before this started. The owner would go and power the system down to get it to come back, when this would no longer work, he called us to come and work on it. The MWI problem started around this time. I wound up replacing the BCC II card and at a later date wound up replacing the PSU in Bay 1. I've also replaced the BCC II in Bay 2.

Lightening: The range of extension #'s for the rooms start at 101 through somewhere in the 200's. There are some analog sets for the staff that are in the 300 range, the few digital sets are also in the 300 range. We have the ILEC (I work for them) and a cable TV company that competes with us.

Thanks guys for your responses.

Bill

#111791 05/22/10 06:35 AM
wdg57 Offline OP
OP Offline
I should also add that this switch is located in a room adjoining the boiler. There is also a large hot water tank in the room. Their old boiler would occasionally emit soot into this room. The switch is dirty with the stuff, not a heavy coating but definately dirty. I know that the oily soot can be conductive. I told the customer that I wouldn't want to replace cards until they took care of the problems. The old boiler finally broke down this winter and they replaced it with a much more efficient one. They've also vented the room and added a fan to circulate the air to help cool the room down. I put a thermometer in there with a memory that would let me know how hot it gets in there (and to show them). It has reached highs (pre vented days) of just under 110 deg F. Their venting has cooled it down a bit, hoever, it still can reach temps of 100. I believe 105 is the top end for operating temp?

#111792 05/22/10 06:41 AM
OK, the resetting issue could be a problem. Does the system still do these on its own? Have you checked the Maintenance logs to see what was causing the resets? Are there any messages like these?
Main Control was reset due to software error Process 00 ANYTHING at address 012345
Main Control was reset due to software error Exception = ANYTHING at address 012345
Do they have a backup database from before this started happening? I know, more questions.

#111793 05/22/10 06:47 AM
I don't know why customers, especially hotel/motel, insist on putting electronic systems in the most inhospitable places. Those temperatures are too hot. The Mitel systems are pretty good about working at high temperatures but over a long period of time it will degrade the circiuts.

#111794 05/22/10 07:34 AM
wdg57 Offline OP
OP Offline
The system no longer resets. During the time it was resetting it was getting messages like that. I don't recall the exact message. I have them written down in my log I keep on this trouble (its at the office). There is no backup prior to this problem that I know of. I haven't found any backups on any of the phone systems around town. That was one of my winter projects. It was a horrible place to locate the PBX. We gave them a price to move it to another location in the building. They're pretty frugal (to put it nicely).

The voltage that the MW lamps need to light would have to come from the PSU. Can that happen without the MCC? I wonder if shutting down Bay 2 and pulling the cards in Bay 1 (slots 1-8) and plugging them in one at a time would be the next step? Maybe even try moving the MCC to Bay 2?
Because of the sooty film, could it be the Bay backplane?

#111795 05/22/10 01:10 PM
If you haven't done the card cleaning I suggested last year, it's time. You might try DIGI-KEY for the cleaner.

And while you are checking a working phone, see if you can cancell it's MWI with codes rather than being cancelled the expected way. You should be able to. If you cannot, fix it so thay you can, then clear all the bogus ones!

The reason I asked about exchange codes is that MWI's can be inadvertently set by other rooms trying to dial a local number, without dialing '9'. I.E. 2031234, rather than 9 2031234. If 203 is a room and '1' is the MWI code...........!

John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#111796 05/22/10 02:15 PM
wdg57 Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll look up DIGI-KEY to see what they have. I did check into it last year and I was a bit leery of doing it for fear of damaging a card and not having a spare on hand.

I will try to send a message to one of the working phones to see if the message clears correctly. It does work correctly on the 4025's.
I've tried the call back code from a blinking set and all I get is reorder from the PBX. there seems to be no message to clear.

The exchange code thought is a good one. I'll look at that possibility.

Thanks for the suggestions John

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,395 Shoretel
189,119 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 88 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024