web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#111989 06/25/10 09:04 AM
Phil Offline OP
OP Offline
The call accounting box does not respond when someone calls out from the hotel. It is an Innform XL. The printer attached to the Innform does print wakeups, and the message every six hours about how many phone calls have gone through (always zero, right now). My question is: If it is printing wakeups, can I assume the cable from the printer port to the Innform is good, and thus to the printer? I can only see one pair that would have all that data on it. In form 34, all data is sent to the printer port, except for PMS data, and that is sent to a dataset.

Phil

SCCE, TTA, CTP
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#111990 06/25/10 09:08 AM
Check to make sure SMDR is being sent to the Innform by connecting your laptop to the serial cable coming from the switch. If it is sending SMDR then make sure the Innform is in the right mode to pass the correct data through to the PMS and the printer, usually Mode 7

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
#111991 06/25/10 09:19 AM
Phil Offline OP
OP Offline
There are adapters galore on the back of this thing, changing from serial to phone cord, punched down to distribute it, and then back to line cord again. Where do you suggest I test? And if it is not sending SMDR, then what? If it is in the right place in form 34, and the data parameters are good, I'm afraid I don't know where to look then....

Phil

SCCE, TTA, CTP
#111992 06/25/10 09:36 AM
First, go to form 34. This will tell you what port should be printing the SMDR. If SMDR is not in that table, there's your problem.

The port will either be an extension or "Printer Port." If it's "Printer port" then connect your serial onto the printer port on the back of the EL main cabinet (the one that has the processor in it).

If it's an extension, find the PLID and trace the cross-connect until you come to a flat device marked "Mitel Dataset 1103" or "2103" or something similar. Connect to the back of it and see what you get.

You can find out Baud and Parity from the Printer Port in Maintenance: "Show" "settings" "printer_port"

You can find the speed and settings for the Dataset in form 18 I believe it is.

Once you've affirmed good SMDR at the system, go to the InnForm XL. One of the cables, or else one of the ports (depending on the vintage of InnForm XL) will say "SMDR." Remove whatever's attached there, and look for data at the same speed and parity that you did on the EL cabinet or Dataset.

If you got no data at the EL, then your programming is wrong. If you got data at the EL but not at the InnForm, you've got a wiring problem. If you get data both places, but not on the InnForm's printer, you've got a problem with InnForm and you need to call their tech support.

To work on the Innform itself, you will need the manager's passcode.

Hope that helps.

#111993 06/25/10 09:42 AM
Oh, one other thought: On some models of the InnForm, the baud and parity for the printer could be set differently from the B/P of the SMDR. make sure that it matches both ways. It's something like, go into manager's mode, select program 14 (or something like that), select the right serial code... like maybe "93" means "1200-7S1 In and 600-8N1 out."

Remember that in serial, both ends of the cable need to be at the same speed for each set of devices. EL and Innform need to agree; Innform and printer need to agree.

There should also be a little green light on the Innform that flashes when you receive SMDR.

Remember to test from a CHECKED-IN room number.

#111994 06/25/10 10:05 AM
One common error, if SMDR is not enabled in all the outgoing trunk groups in the Mitel you will not generate call detail.

Located in Southern California.
Mitel, Avaya, Nortel and Hitachi Products and services for Hospitality and Business sectors. Tel: 1-800-329-7971
#111995 06/25/10 11:07 AM
If the printer connected to the InnForm is printing wakeups set and made by the Mitel, then there isn't an issue of parameters or wiring any place along the way. That info will only come from the Mitel and any data from the Mitel will ride on the same port parameters and wiring.

If Form 34 shows all data going to the printer port (and if SMDR is included in this Form) then my money is on Mitel Tech's answer, with a possible addition. Check the COS of both the trunks and the stations to see that #700 'SMDR - Does Not Apply' is disabled and also that #703 'SMDR - Overwrite Buffer' is enabled. If this is an existing site (which I'm guessing it is because of the clutter behind the InnForm), it's doubtful that #700 is wrong but if #703 was left disabled and the CA has been down for a while, the SMDR will shut down if the buffer fills up but other data like wakeups will come through.

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
#111996 06/25/10 02:19 PM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
First question should have been, DID IT EVER WORK?! 2. What changed? Thunder storm, power failure, Motel manager/desk clerk that knows just enough to hose the system?
Have you tried a power restart of all bays? Simple things first. (Oh, we'll lose all the calls in storage. SO WHAT, GET IT WORKING! Those customers are lllooonnnggg gone!)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#111997 06/25/10 02:19 PM
Oops, double post. frown

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#111998 06/26/10 01:14 AM
I would check the mode your in!I have a customer that every storm resets it to 0 or 9 I think and all I do is put it in mode 7!I also have had to replace the chips on it.I think they are 1488 and 1489 may be wrong!Its early!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024