web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
You were so helpful before, so I'm back with another question. Unfortunately I'm a bit low on details, but I can try to gather whatever info you need.

All I know is that the guest at ext 128 is complaining that their phone is ringing at 6:00am every morning. I checked the wake-up (reminder) at the console and it is off. I even punched in '9999' to make sure it is canceled. What are the other causes for this problem?

I read in another thread that it is possible that an ext can set their own wake up call. How can I check to see if this has been done?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge the SX-50 cannot set a daily (repeating) alarm.

First, check your Call Accounting printer. Hopefully, it's set up to print a record of when wake-ups are set, attempted, failed, and canceled. If it's not set up to do that, contact your vendor and get that feature activated. It's invaluable both for troubleshooting stuff like this and to deal with the "I DIDN'T GET MY WAKE-UP CALL! I WANT MY ROOM FOR FREE!" guests

My guess is that you have a voice mail at your property and that the voice mail gives the guest the option to set their own wake-ups. If the box for x128 didn't get reset after Mr. Jones checked out, Mr. Smith may be getting the daily 6am wake-up call that Mr. Jones left behind.

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Yes, a common problem on AV hospitality units. I usually delete the prompt that mentions setting a wake-up everyday.

Alternatively, one can set the mailbox to reset daily.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,008 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (highlysecptial, justbill), 149 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024