Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#112086 07/13/10 02:45 AM
OP Offline
I have a old sx200d with bays 3-4-5 are analog
Software is 1003 with 5 1/4 floppys Bays 1 and 2 are digital.
The existing disks are corrupted, when the system boots it gives me error code E and the spare disks have not been backed up since 10 yrs ago.. when I install the unbacked up disks the system comes up..So I dont think its Main Control card it has alot of workable programming on them. The previous vendor never backed the disks up..on the bad corrupted disk the passwords have been changed..when i run the new disks..the passwords dont work..I tried maint1 -maint 2
installer with default passwords of XXXXXX (Please don't post passwords, 'a little knowledge in the wrong hands is a BAD thing' frown ) but cannot get in. I know the product is not supported any longer..but Mitel use to be able to dial in via modem and reset the password..do they still do this anymore ?
does any one know which disk hold the customer base data,or which one holds the passwords disk A or B ?
I want to try maybe swapping the old A disk or the old B disk to see if I can get into the system.
any help would be great. This system has been running 25 years and has withstood hurricanes, power strikes and still runs..but now I think it seen its days
open for suggestions
Thanks Bobby

r. verlezza
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#112087 07/13/10 03:24 AM
Please edit post, as password posting is not permitted.

Disc B has the info, but they are a set

#112088 07/13/10 04:34 AM
OP Offline
John thanks for the response..so disk A and B match in a set..correct? so I cant mix them..
I dont understand edit post sorry didnt know that..but let me ask you..will Mitel still Modem in to change password ?
thanks

[email protected]

r. verlezza
#112089 07/13/10 04:40 AM
If the blank disks won't answer to the default I suspect they actually contain a previous backup copy but the vendor changed the passwords. To get a password reset by Mitel, you'll need to go through a Mitel dealer and you're talking a hefty charge for the privilege of getting back into your own system. It may still be possible to locate blank 5 1/4 disks but, like John said, they come in pairs. Try a PM to Fred at Resale (fifty5footer) and see if he has anything for you. If you can get your hands on them, get two sets at least. Hopefully you have some kind of hard copy documentation because without a working backup, you're going to be reprogramming by hand.

Which leads me to... you'd be well advised to find yourself an experienced local Mitel tech to do this for you. Keep in mind, equipment this old can be really cranky and may need a lot of hand-holding to keep it running. If you do it yourself, you could end up pouring a lot of money and time into it and still not have a functional system. A good vendor will guide you with your best interests in mind. I'm all for keeping a system running as long as it's doing the job for you, but sometimes you have to know when to fold 'em.

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
#112090 07/13/10 07:24 AM
To edit your post, click on the page/pencil icon and remove or change what comes after

installer with default passwords

#112091 07/13/10 01:02 PM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
If you have to purchase new discs, I'd suggest you convert to 1005. Much friendlier and way more capabilities. You'll need 3.5 drives, 1005/lite15 decryption strip, and possibly an upgraded MCC. I 'just happen to have' a set of unused manuals I could be convinced to part with. PM me if y0u're interested. Mitel no longer supports anything under Lite 19 R3, period! John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#112092 07/14/10 02:08 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for all the help..I worked on the switch today. The 200 was installed 25 yrs ago and sits on the Ocean here in Palm Beach Fl. It has seen a few hurricanes, many lighling strikes, power surges. I been babying this switch for a few years now and the customer dosent want to put any more money into it..It has 240 analog ports..I was able to get into the switch today..but with old non updated disks..I remembered a old password that the company i worked for used back then..got in lower level...bay 5 wont come up..I need to change the drives and update the software then handwrite the new data base..
*** Sorry about my pre post about password I didnt know*** Thanks again for the info

r. verlezza
#112093 07/14/10 02:24 PM
OP Offline
Actually today I looked at the error code on the MCC and seen it was a E.5 not a E 5 which told me the problem was in the drive or software load and not the MCC card..I brought a spare MCC. But I guess I'm getting old and just cant see the DOT.
I got the switch up and running..The trunk info was the same, stations were the same just the names needed to be changed. The PBX is used as a big intercom system. There's a single line extension in every apartment about 240 of them.
Tomorrow I will replace the Perfrial Card for bay 5 and see what happens.
Thanks again

r. verlezza

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,372 Shoretel
189,055 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024