web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
bda Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everybody,

found this great community a very handy resource. I need some help with my setup with Mitel SX-200 ICP. We received is as a trade for some networking equipment. Our old PBX was a piece of old Iwatsu, so we decided to go for Mitel. I am experienced in networking myself, so the connecting part was not a problem. Right now I got the ICP controller + Superconsole 1000 + 18 IP sets (16 of 5220 and two of 5224). The controller is connected to 6 external analog lines combined into the trunk by telephone provider. The trunk lines are configured as 01 type of AMB/COMBO CLASS with all default options (maybe this is the wrong choice).

I’ve done the basic programming: created the trunk group, assigned the devices, etc. All the calls are being picked up by Attendant at SC1000 with the ext 200 (changed from default 198) configured as a Console. The other internal extensions are 221-239. I also created the account code entries for International calling with changing COR from default 01 to 04. ARS also contains different routing for COR 1 and 4.

Everything is working fine except the international calls. After dialing the account code I get the tone, then 9 – 1 – xxx xxx xxxx and then I hear _one_ ring and it goes to nowhere. Silence. How can I fix this?

I have already tried to assign COR 4 to the desktop device. In this case it is able to dial internationally without the code but with the same effect. . . frustrated.

Also, I want to setup a couple of IP sets as the Subattendants to make them ringing together with SC1000. Ok, I changed their type from 5220 to 5220S. Still not clear what to do next. It does not allow me to use ext 200 as MULTI-CALL under the “Expand Set”. Error: Access code 200 does not correspond to a Stn, SUPERSET or Logical Line. I see people’s remarks here and there that it possible to add IP sets as Subattendants to the Console, but there is still no straightforward guide. Please, advise.

It is kind of emergent issue: I’ve been struggling with this for a week without any progress. The local Mitel dealer is hard to work with. I had waited for them for 2 months to come and to upgrade the firmware. BTW, it’s 5.0.2.3

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

When a fail is so epic, it becomes a win.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

PM Sent!

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
What do you have in form 26 for the string that you would be dialing?

I assume that "international" from Bermuda is still North American Dialing Plan? (1-AAA-BBB-CCCC where AAA is area code, BBB is Central office, and CCCC is local loop)

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks for the input, telephoneguy.
Based on your words I assumed that anything else (COR or the trunk line setup) is out of the picture. I looked carefully into the ARS configs again and foud out that the improper Modified Digits entry was assigned in the Route Definition (F23), A-r-r-h-h!
It munched up one digit; but I heard one ring making the international calls. From what I make the conclusion that the first ring is "fake" and produced by SX-200.

Tnx.

Any ideas on the second part of my request?

You'll need to assign LDN keys (form 8) onto your console, and point the trunks to the LDN keys.
When you do an expand set for your sub-attendants, you'll be able to assign the same LDN keys onto the phones. You NEVER direct things to the extension number of the console, ONLY to the LDN keys.

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for pointing me to my mistake.
I am not good with the terminology yet; does the assigning the "LDN Keys" mean: I should use the fantom (no-existing) extension number?

LDN keys are assigned in form 8, they are the blue keys that ring on the console to show which line or condition is producing the call (incoming, 800#, recall, internal, etc.). This allows the receptionist to say, "Thanks for calling bob's bait barn" when the main line rings, or "Receptionist" when "dial zero" rings, or "you can't call 976 numbers from work!" when "illegal number" rings.

So if you make the "incoming" LDN # 5005, for example, then you can put 5005 onto a key of the subattendant. Then incoming calls will ring both places.

Of course, you do not have to use subattendants. You can also assign a TAFAS code in form 2 (Trunk Answer From Any Station) - such as #0, for example - and then when you hear the attendant console ring, you can press #0 and answer from your own phone.

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
My sincere thanks to you, telephoneguy, you rock! All worked as a charm.
May I inquire you about some other things?
- Is it possible to change the type of the device (Form 9) without deleting it and creating it again?
- How can I change the name of the Attendant shown (ATT) to something else?
- Is it possible to assign the ringtone to LDN keys different from the regular one?
- How to move the “Redial” function on Superconsole 1000 from default F9 to F4 button?
- If I hang up there is 20-25 second disconnection delay on the other end. Is it programmed anywhere in Mitel or it is totally under the telephone company’s control? (I guess so)
- There are 5 phone lines in the trunk. Is there any trick to always display our Main line’s number on the call receiver’s end? I guess some kind of code could be sent to the line for that.

-Nope. You can only set the device type when the port is unprogrammed.
-You can't change the ATT prompt.
-The console only gets one type of ring tone. The operator need to notice the name of the LDN when a call is ringing.
-No, Redial is a fixed key.
-In form 13, trunk descriptors, change the 'disconnect timer' from 500 MS to 100ms, which will make your trunk more 'sensitive' to disconnect signals.
Only PRI trunks can insert CPN (Calling Party Number) on outgoing calls. Otherwise, the Central Office sends out the listed number of the trunk your using to originate the call.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
In order to accomplish the 'same number' from every line, typically you have to get a true TRUNK group, as in ground start, from the telco. And you may not be able to accomplish it, anyway. The 'guy that knows what you are asking for and how to do it', was 'bought out' 5 years ago. He was too expensive to keep around! frown

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024