Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello,

We have a Mitel Sx-50 at our motel and we recently switched our service provider from MCI to MediaComm. And now we can't make any long distance calls from any extensions. I can make a long distance call from Trunks (66 and 67) from my console but when I try to make the call from any of the extensions I can make a local call but not a long distance call. When I try to make a long distance call it tells me that my toll service has been blocked and tells me to call MCI. When I call them they tell me that line has been disconnected and they have nothing to do with it, and MediaComm says they are the ones that provide me the service and they have long distance enabled and I tend to believe them since I can make the calls from the SX-50 console. Previously when things were working we had Allow 1 for local and Allow 2 for long distance and local and Allow 3 for International. And now I have tried all tree and it won't let me make a long distance call but Local calling working.

It's has gotten extremely frustating since I spend hours on the phone with MCI and MediaCom and its been over a month now without any long distance calling.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You need your ARS tables reprogrammed. Call a Technician.

OP Offline
I have already tried that route twice and after $600 and two technicians I am not fully convienced that they would be able to help me so I took this upon myself. Two different guys kept telling me that it was my phone carrier and couldn't really answer on how it would work at the console and not the extensions. If there was some sort of a guide to just do that on one extension I don't mind sitting there and changing it for rest of them. Unless someone here has a good recommendation on a technician. Seems like this forum has been more helpful than people I have talked to.

What were your local trunks and what were your LD trunks prior to the change? If you access those that were LD prior do they still work? My guess would be no. Saying trunks 66 and 67 doesn't really mean anything unless we know if they were LD or local before.

Retired phone dude
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
To put it another way, How many trunks did you have before, and how many do you have now? Sounds as if you had 2 different trunk groups from MCI and the Long Distance line were billed onto the Local published number. You dropped the local service from MCI. Nothing to bill Long Distance lines onto. No Bill, No Service. The ARS reprogramming 'should' be pretty easy to resolve.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Alok Shah, I have deleted your post regarding this problem in the call forwarding thread. Thanks for starting a new thread for this problem. It makes searches much easier when a thread only covers one problem, rather than wander through an assortment of problems having little or no relationship to the thread title. Again, thanks! John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
Hi Bill and Lighninghorse,

I am not really sure which trunks were long and which ones were long distance. The owners before us had 7 different phone lines and we brought it down to 2.

We did have different providers for local and long distance. Verizon was our local provider and MCI was the long distance provider. And things had been working fine without any problems and we could dial local and long distance numbers from any extension. But now we have switched the provider to MediaComm for Local and Long Distance service. And as I mentioned initially in my post, from the console I can call local, long distance and the toll free numbers (800,888 numbers) from trunks 66 and 67. So I am assuming that those trunks are configured to do long and long distance right now through MediaComm and it works. The technicians that came to "fix" the problem about not being able to call long distance they said they set other trunks (65,68,69,70 and 71) to always busy and that way if someone dialed "9" they would get trunks 66 and 67 where local and long distance work from console. Well that didn't really fix the problem and I am still trying to figure out what is going on.

So from your questions and suggestions it looks like whenever "9" is dialed from any extension it is using one of the other trunks or is not routing the call correctly for long distance. I can dial local and toll free numbers from other extensions just not long distance.

I did read through the ARS table programming but wasn't really sure how to program it for just extensions or how to make the extensions use trunks 66 and 67 where local and long distance work(atleast from console)

Thank you for the help.

Admin
Admin
In some sort of sane programming logic, the LD trunks are probably the upper 3. If you can figure out how to move your 2 lines to the last 2 trunks and change the busy trunks to allow 70 and 71, it MIGHT work.

Your pair of "techs" who don't grasp the concept of ARS on an SX-50 don't deserve to be paid, but there is probably more to this story that we know.

Carl

I would try looking in the modify digits table to see if the long distance calls had the MCI 1010XXX number added to force calls to MCI. The console was is probably programmed to bypass ARS so the "pic" code is not inserted.

OP Offline
Hello Carl,

I thought that same thing that they didn't deserve to be paid but since we had to pay them just to show up couldn't do much. Not really story behind it. I actually had them write and sign what they did and what they "fixed" on the bill, which just states that they basically blocked the other trucks. Thought about arguing the price but since it would cost me more to fight it than just try to fix it myself decided not to do that.

I am not really sure how to shift the lines to other trunks or shift the lines in any way. I know how to put them back to free instead of always keeping them busy. If you could please guide me on how to do that or point me in which section to look in the manual or the series of commands to enter I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,864
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,671 Shoretel
189,611 CTX100 install
187,860 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024