web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a hotel and it has Mitel SX-50. When dial long distance like for example 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx from the room phone then get this message "enter the pin # or wait for collect call". Only if long distance call is dialed. Local calls go thru. From the front desk long distance calls go thru. only from the room it does not go thru. How can remove this message so guest can call long distance.
I called my service provider, long distance provider but nobody helped. Please help me resolve this issue.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Use you buttset & connect directly to the individual trunks & test. That will tell you if the PBX or perhaps a dialer is inserting digits. If PBX is inserting digits, you have some ARS programming to do.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Are you new to this system? Sounds like rooms are being rerouted to alternate LD for more Kickback to you. Console probably has either different COR or no COR.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Or look in the phone room and see if the phone lines are routed through black boxes on the wall about the size and shape of a hard-bound book. They may say MITEL SMART-1 or MITEL PAV-1.

A certified Mitel tech who is familiar with older systems should be able to examine your routing and also check for Smart Dialers on the outbound trunks.

If you just purchased this property, or just took over management of it, do you have prior experience in this field. I ask because what you are describing is a method to prevent rooms from making outbound long distance calls that they don't pay for. Do you have any type of call accounting device that is in working order?

And where is "orange". We don't sell or give away information from this web-site, if that is your concern.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (JBean3329, Curlycord), 43 guests, and 439 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024