web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Recently i got a paper Jam on the printer using Mitel SX-200 216Gen system on a okidata serial port printer for calls and wakeup printing. after fixing the paper jam all it does is prints out "PARITY ERROR" few times after making calls and entering Wakeup Call from Console 1000 also its connected with Prophet H3 Call Accounting system i Rebooted everything but still prints out as parity error what can be wrong i know it does receive signal from console to phrophet H3 because SMDR lights Blinks after entering wakeup call on Console also checked all cable attached to the system if any of the wire came out lose or broken can anyone help me in this matter. Also the printer works perfectly fine it prints out all Characters on initial test page. could it be the phrophet H3 call accounting system or one of the card in the Mitel sx 200 216

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Ig you have a Console 1000, you don't have a generic 216.
The printer responds to whatever it's connected to, which is the Prophet H3.
It sounds to me like the Mitel is sending the proper info, at the proper time.
If you request a report from the H#, do you get the parity error?

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
Something could have inadvertently been changed in the printer setup while correcting the paper jam. Print out the settings.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
I'm going to assume that you really DO have a 216 Generic. If so, your console will be either VERY dark brown, almost black plastic, OR Black and white with an aluminum shell.

The "Parity Error" notice is coming from the Prophet.The Mitel is NOT capable of detecting a parity/baud rate error.

The Prophet needs to be reprogrammed, or the Mitel needs to have it's DIP switch reset to where it was before you messed with it while trying to clear the paper jam. For whatever reason, the parity/baud rate has been forgotten by the Prophet, or someone has messed with the DIP Switch in the Mitel.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
thanks for the delayed reply got it working it was the printer itself i screwed up on those dip switches while back but it acted after a paper jam but i found the instruction for prophet and set the correct parity. Thanks for the help Also its a 216G with a brown, black console working great its an old equipment and had to call only twice once for power supply and 1 time for an line card in 8 years

OP Offline
how can i print my programming from SX200 216 Generic I wanted to keep in my file the installer did not left me one incase of power surge or losing data

PM sent.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,821
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,475 Shoretel
189,231 CTX100 install
187,500 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 8
dexman 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 76 guests, and 95 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024