web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#115060 01/16/12 09:07 AM
Phil Offline OP
OP Offline
Mitel SX200 ICP with an MX controller. I set it up initially so a call accounting package would work, and integrated it with an Opera PMS system. All was working correctly when the hotel opened, some 3 - 4 years ago. Now, as I understand it, the calls will not print, and they aren't being posted to the room folios. The calls stopped working maybe 2 1/2 years ago, and it took them until last week to notice that. Wake-up calls posted as recently as last Thursday, but have not posted since then.

I have a green light on the iPockets (all three), and an amber connectivity light on the ethernet side as well. The Call Accounting box, made by EZ Callamatic, shows that the PBX and the printer is on. The extension number on all the iPockets is correct, and in sync with what's programmed in the Mitel. Checking form 34, the IO ports specified for each extension number matches what's programmed in the iPockets, and for which parameter. I even went so far as to replace the CA iPocket with one I had on my truck, but it behaved no differently than the original one. Hooked up my laptop to the printer port to see if I could capture any SMDR data, but that failed, too. Checked the printer, since it is a good distance away from the CA box, but that connection looks good. It appears that no SMDR data is getting out of the Mitel, but I can't understand how that could happen, since I have made no program changes in that particular area at all. Options 246 and 702 are enabled for all phone COS, and option 803 is set to zero.

I might add that I was working with an Opera tech supporter all the while I'm doing this, so he was aware of where I was looking and what I was checking. In short, we cannot figure out why the SMDR does not appear to be leaving the phone system, despite there being nothing in programming that I have found (so far) that would prevent it.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, and been able to fix it? It might not be the biggest source of income to this hotel, but it is a source!

Phil

Phil

SCCE, TTA, CTP
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#115061 01/16/12 10:55 AM
Okay, I would check the iPockets. It might be that someone kicked out the power plug long enough for the settings to default.

I would put a 9-pin null modem cable from the iPocket to my laptop (preferably on an HTG 9-pin serial if you still have one) and open hyperterminal. See if you get data out, and if so, at what baud/parity. You might also have to go into the iPocket setup/programming and verify settings.

Also, has anything happened to the layer-2 switch that all of the iPockets and the PBX plug into?

#115062 01/16/12 12:35 PM
Phil Offline OP
OP Offline
It's still there - reset it twice! The IP phones all come up just fine, so I'm inclined to say that the switch is fine. All iPockets show a link light, too. Also, I did setup my laptop onto the iPocket for CA, with HTPE open and monitoring. Nothing came through when I made a test call from a room.

I was not aware that the iPockets would default with a prolonged loss of power.... Interesting!

Phil

SCCE, TTA, CTP
#115063 01/17/12 01:31 AM
Is the SMDR pointed to an iPocket, or the printer port on the MX Controller?

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
#115064 01/17/12 02:30 AM
I would route CDE print in form 34 out the same port as you have the SMDR set for, then go to form 32 and do a print form, it eliminates a lot of programing and would narrow your troubleshooting down.

#115065 01/18/12 01:50 AM
Phil Offline OP
OP Offline
@Fred -- the SMDR output is directed to an iPocket. I checked the serial parameters, and double-checked the PMS Server port's serial parameters as well - they match. I even changed the iPocket with a spare I had in my truck - no difference there, either.... :confused:

Phil

SCCE, TTA, CTP
#115066 01/18/12 05:08 AM
Phil- You said you reset the system? have you tried a full power down, pull the power plug for 30 seconds and try that?

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
#115067 01/18/12 05:56 AM
Phil Offline OP
OP Offline
@ Alex - Well, no, I haven't tried that yet. But I will!! laugh

Phil

SCCE, TTA, CTP
#115068 01/19/12 05:06 AM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
YOU didn't change it, but that does not preclude it having been changed! Check ALL programming end to end for 'errors', 'doctoring', etc. The fact that the calls stopped 2.5 years ago means 'someone' messed around 2.5 years ago. Now 'someone' is messing around, trying to get the calls working without spending $ and hosed the W/U.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#115069 01/27/12 12:57 PM
I like to set my precidias up so I can Telnet into them onsite or remotely. You can't see actual data but in #) System Settings_E) Display System Status you can watch the bit count on the transmitted side increase for every call record. Telnetting also allows you to confirm the Precidia is up as well as performing a reset on it.
Check your trunk group and make sure it's set for SMDR.
Monitor the SMDR in a Maintenance session.
I have had precidias appear functional, but not send data on the rs232 connector.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (dans, Toner, Curlycord), 106 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024