web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi there, Im new to the forum. Im working with a Mitel SX200 hybrid analog/digital system with the superconsole 1000. The telephone service provider offers caller id on this line, but it is not showing up on the Superconsole or the Superset 420s. Please help.

Thanks,

CST
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

First of all we need to know what kind of trunks and trunk card you have. The card needs to be an LS CLASS 8 port card.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
The only way you can get CID on the old Floppy driven 200D and LITE is by bringing in the lines on a T1. And very few providers will pass CID on a T1. Note that I said T1, NOT PRI. The systems we are discussing are not PRI capable. Lightware 15 and 16 / Generic 1005 and 1006 are the only floppy driven releases that are capable of T1 CID, as well. Not available on 1000 through 1004.

I do know of one installation that comes in on a PRI and an ASTERISK converts it to T1, which is then sent to the 200D Generic 1005. So, if you have access and know how, you "CAN" receive the lines on a PRI and read them on 1005/1006. But that's a lot of trouble and money for a system that was discontinued 20+ years ago! PM me for more info, but I'll say right here that it's just 1 more thing to break!

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Hi, SX200. LH is correct.

Also, you may wish to consider an upgrade of the system. While the SX-200 A/D hybrid was a remarkable device in its day, and it is a credit to MITEL that it is still in service, there are some things that might make you think about upgrading:

1. Your database is on a floppy disk. Not even a 3 1/2" but a 5 1/4." If anything should happen to that floppy, your system would have serious issues.

2. That system is very badly obsolete. I'd venture to say that it's at least 25 years old. Since that time, Mitel has produced the Digital/Light, the ML, the EL, and the ICP, before going to the present 3100/3300 platform. As time goes on, parts and service will be increasingly difficult to find.

3. The features that you really want are available only on the newer systems. I can't number the new developments in telephony, such as VoIP, that are available on newer Mitels, but not on the old SX 200 A/D.

If I were you, I'd think about putting aside some money in capital expenses for the next few years, and plan on an upgrade soon. Better a planned upgrade than a catastrophic failure.

Food for thought.

Actually on the lite system if you had a spine module you can get caller id. Also you could have a pri node or T1 as mentioned above with the proper carrier.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,292 Shoretel
188,178 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
dexman 4
teleco 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, newtecky), 85 guests, and 94 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024