web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm running out of ideas for this one...

Hotel with all incoming calls answered by the internal AA/VM. Press 2 for reservations - call goes to a virtual extension (multiple buttons on 2 front desk sub-consoles) - usualy no problem.

A few months ago they reported that sometimes they got several call alerts. One will be the real call, the others are phantoms. They know it is the same call because of the caller ID info. The real call is not always the first one. Sometimes one phantom call, sometimes two.

I have never been able to reproduce the problem, but have seen it happen several times today. Worse, it is happening more and more often.

No reports of problems from the other auto attendant options/destinations.

Any suggestions?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Have you tried a reboot of the system?

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Look in programming for 1 or more trunks aimed at extensions in the AA group, rather than at the group itself.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Also, if these are analog POTS, check the MPOE for two or more POTS shorted or corroded together (crosstalk).

Otherwise, try to busy-out some of the lines to isolate the offending trunk.

In the VM CoS, put "Multiline Set On-Hook Dialing" to off. Seen the same problem before

Yes, I'm a frenchie; have a problem with that?? Well, I do!!
OP Offline
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm hoping to get to the site tomorrow. I'll report back what I find.

OP Offline
Sorry to delay the response. I wanted to be sure we had a solution before I reported back.

We checked all of the suggestions.
Ultimately, telephoneguy's comment about the analog trunks wasn't the issue, but checking the trunks led us towards the problem.

When we turned off the auto attendant and did live answer we still had occasional phantom calls... that elimnated the VM and transferring functions from the problem. But it still appeard random and was not reproducable.

The trunks are delivered as a T1 with a Cisco box to convert to analog handoff.

The carrier suspcted a codec issue and updated the firmware in the Cisco box. They said that if the caller's service provider used a 'cetain codec' it would cause a problem.

They had seen a few of these in recent months and suspect that a change by Verizon created an incompatibility with the local equipment.

I can't comment intelligently on who did what to whom to create the problem, but with the update we seem to have solved it.

Thanks for coming back with the results. This info will come in handy for someone else in the future, I'm sure!

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Channel banks often have oddball problems, in my experience.

Sounds like a sip issue, I haven't seen that many tdm issues with channel banks. Of course Cisco wouldn't be my first choice in that arena.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,712 Shoretel
189,753 CTX100 install
187,918 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 151 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024