web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#121334 05/21/04 08:27 AM
OP Offline
We are currently using a nortel phone system and I would like to set my phone up to forward to my cell phone, or at least set option 8 (my 'responsible agent') to dial my cell and transfer the caller to it. When I try Feature 4, then dial 8 (for outside line) 586 (area code) it stops me and says that it's invalid. Is there any way to acomplish this?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

what type of system and software rev. do you have?

Without knowing the specifics, one can't be positive. But generally, this is usually a class of service issue. Changing the COS for access to CF to outside lines, would be my guess.

OP Offline
We have a Norstar DR5 (Norstar-PLUS ICS 2.0 ??) and StarTalk. Not really sure about any 'version' numbers though.

with dr 5 software ,under capabilities allow line redirect for your particular station then its just feature 84 follow the steps and your there ..yes

Firstly,the default value for outside calls for that system is 9. Try it with 9 instead of 8. If it still doesn't work, the COS (class of service) for this phone needs to allow the call. Line redirect will not work unless the COS allows the call.
You will need administrative capabilities (password)to change this. There are several ways to do this, but the COS changes are made under the headings-admin-capabilities. The set must be programmed to use an existing cos allowing outcalls, or a new cos must be set up.
Hope that helps.

JJ Offline
It sounds like you want people to hear your voicemail messagr and if they want to reach you dial 8. Sorry, this is a NAM voicemail feature and will not work on the Flash voicemails. If you just want to forward your calls try feature 84.

Good luck!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.
OP Offline
Thank you to everyone for responding. After changing my COS in the voicemail settings (feat. 983) to 9 insted of the default, setting 'allow outbound transfer' to 'yes', and telling what line pool I was allowed to use everything all clicked and worked. Now I have both message notification and if someone reaches my voice mail they can press 7 and reach my cell phone.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (dans, erniejoey), 157 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024