web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#121413 06/14/04 09:36 AM
gtrs Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer who has several exts in different hunt groups, two or three groups to one phone. All appr and ring on the phones. Every now and then some phones will be removed from certain hunt groups and it's not the same group all of the time, or the same phones. In order to fix this problem you have to go into programming and remove the phone that isn't in the group and add it back in, then it will start working again. In programming the phone still exists in the hunt group, but it won't work. The System is a MICS 5.0 XC. Any help on this matter greatly appreciated

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#121414 06/21/04 01:33 PM
Here's some suggestions:

What is the distribution mode of the hunt groups set to:

Broadcast: rings each set in the hunt group simultaneously, calls are handled one at a time, other calls are queued. Once one call is answered, the next call in the queue is presented.

Sequential: Starts call at the first set in the hunt group. The calls are distributed by first free set.

Rotary: The call starts at the set after the one which was last presented, and distribution is completed when it finds an available set.

I would think you would want to be in broadcast mode. With the busy setting set to Queue.

From the book: Moving Members of A Group
Member order within a hunt group is important. The member order determines how a call is routed through the hunt group.

1. Press MOVE to move an existing member to another place within the hunt group. The display shows the member number followed by an arrow.

2. Enter new position number for the set.

Hope this helps with your problem. I think you really want to look to see if your hunt groups are set to broadcast.

Kevin

#121415 06/21/04 01:56 PM
gtrs Offline OP
OP Offline
Kevin thanks for responding. There are a total of six different hunt groups, some are broadcast and some are sequential. It's not one group that is having this problem it happens to all of them. It seems to me that something is going on with a call to the phone or two calls from different groups to the same phone is causing these phones to drop out of the hunt group, they do use the dnd feature but if it's turned off on the phone, and the phone is already kicked out, the call will skip that phone, even though it still shows in programming that the phone is still in the group.

#121416 06/22/04 01:33 PM
This is a first, so I'm grasping at straws. Do you have a test system that you can set up to see if it acts the same way. Maybe if the test KSU works fine maybe you have a software problem. Seems odd that the phone still stays in the group, but is skipped. Like I said maybe you can try to recreate the problem on a test KSU. Just a quick question are the hunt groups attached to a CCR option in the voice mail?

Here is another tip from the book to look at.

Hunt group set numbers cannot be in a ringing group

Hunt group set numbers cannot be in a page zone.

It does not explain why those two things are important, but its worth a shot.

#121417 08/17/04 01:49 PM
NEW QUESTION, SIMILAR TOPIC...

Hello all, hoping anyone can provide some assistance with this:

Have set up a hunt group for incoming tech-support calls. (#290)
If no response, or all busy, want caller forwarded to VM - have set up a dummy mailbox (ie: no set assigned) on #237.

This works great internally - I can dial 290 and, after 3 rings, the call is forwarded off the hunt group, 2 more "rings" and I'm into that voicemail box as planned.

BUT, if someone dials in and is sent to the Hunt Group by the Auto Attendant (eg: they press 1 for support as prompted in the CCR, or press 290 - which I did to test) then, after the first 3 rings on the hunt group, another 2 rings occur, then the system responds with "The person you have called isn't available" and the caller bounces back to the AA.

I have to guess I've set up the dummy set wrong, but I don't see how when it works internally... also, if I dial the dummy extension (237) when AA answers the phone, I DO get into the right voicemail.

Obviously any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

#121418 08/17/04 01:57 PM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Set up Forward on busy and Foward no answer on the dummy VMS box.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#121419 08/17/04 02:08 PM
Andrew what software version are you using? I ran into the same problem trying to use hunt groups on 6.0 and actually had to downgrade the software (at the time 6.1 wasn't out yet). It's been quite awhile ago but I believe that was the issue that made us downgrade. Don't swap on my advice just yet wait for some more insight, someone else may remember for sure.

[This message has been edited by JOHNYREB (edited August 17, 2004).]

#121420 08/17/04 02:39 PM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Do you suppose it may be a Hunt timming issue due to it being in a hunt group? Just guessing.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#121421 08/17/04 03:57 PM
I am 99% sure it's CICS 4.2... having a braindrain at the moment.

I have the FWD's set up right (I think) otherwise it wouldn't work internally, or with a direct call (would it?)

... how about ... what if I created a VM box to match the hunt group (290) and made the hunt group roll into the voicemail extension (235)...? Might give that a shot tomorrow.

#121422 08/18/04 04:10 AM
For those curious...

Making the hunt group roll over into the voicemail "extension" (235) did the trick.

Used the mailbox that was already created (237) and assigned it to extension 290.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,701 CTX100 install
186,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 105 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024