Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
OP Offline
I am having trouble at a site where we recently installed PRI. The system is a MICS running latest(?) software. Voicemail is the newer Companion. I have DID's on the PRI. One of the target lines is set up as public, and rings at the receptionist's station. In night service, the call is answered by voicemail, but instead of going to the main greeting, it goes to the receptionist's mailbox, which is also the general mailbox. I had it working right once (not sure how), but then I was called back out because it reverted to going to the mailbox again. All of the programming looks correct, and those I have asked say it also sounds right. Is this a bug? Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks!

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

My system has had this kind of thing happen (I am an end user). Sometimes changing the settings on a line, then changing them back will straighten out the problem. I did it through my Norstar Voice Mail software - our phone system is accessible on PC network. Found the line in question to which the number points, changed the value for Answer (No to Yes back to No, or the other way around) and found this could sometimes resolve answering oddities.
Again - I am an end user and not trained. While my suggestion won't hurt anything if done after hours, it might not help.

OP Offline
I have worked more on this since my last post. One support company I talked with said that because my DID digits for this extension matches digit-for-digit, they've run into this problem in the past, and recommend having that DID sent with different digits from the C.O. We are in the process of implementing this to see if it will work. Any comments or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

when in night mode does the line get answered immediately by the general box? Or does it ring a few times before forwarding, such as the number of rings set up in in cfna under the reception's ext programming?

OP Offline
I don't even have CFBNA set at that station, yet the mailbox assigned to that extension answers right away. Tinkering with programming sometimes fixes the problem, but the problem eventually returns. That is exactly how our tech support company described it happening as well. I'm hoping the digit change will correct this.

I just posted this same solution in another post, but it may help here as well....

Sometimes with line-related problem that I have trouble sleuthing, I'll just make the line a private line to an exention to erase all other programming from the line,let the system update, then re-program it as needed.

This may do the trick, if not, you're no worse off.

Punch down all your damn pairs!..........(please).
is that ext assigned as prime ext for that line? If so invoking nite svc on that phone sends that line to VM I believe.

Just a simple thought.

Auto Att answer lines has to be set for yes for that target line. You can make it answer after a large number of rings during the day but when NS is on it will answer immed.

JJ Offline
Try changing the Prime for that target line.

Good Luck!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,280
Posts638,742
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,369 Shoretel
188,181 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 78 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024