web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#123445 05/07/05 01:45 AM
OP Offline
I have a weird trouble that appears to only happen in our area invoving CICS 6.0 and 6.1 software. All of these systems have battery backups, surge strips and line protectors. Weather doesn't appear to be a factor. On a rare occassion, a customer will call in saying they can't dial out. The first time this happened a year and a half ago, we thought it had a bad trunk cartridge, replaced it and the trouble was fixed. a couple of months later, it happened again to the same customer, we looked at the system and saw where it had reverted to pulse dial on all the lines. We reset the dial to tone and you could dial out. Shortly thereafter, it happened to different customer. This time we powered the system down and powered it back up and it reset to tone. It has happened to half a dozen different customers since then and recycling the power solves it. After checking with our main system engineer for the Eastern Region of my company, it appears this only happens in one city within our company - mine. Anyone else experience this?

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E 5.5 CallPilot 5.0
MITEL 5000 3300 NuPoint

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith"
Albert Einstein
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#123446 05/09/05 09:34 AM
YES....
This is a weird issue and I have had it here in St.Louis. I have 3 customers with the problem and its only happened a few times each. The issue kinda reminds me of the Sat IIE issue with software. In the SATURN the issue was resolved with patches. Keeping that in mind I replaced one customer with a 4.1 Software. Let this run for 3 months. No problem. Then I simply plugged the 6.1 back in and the issue has not returned in 8 months. I have since done the same to the other two and they have not been in long enough for me to say for sure its fixed. But my idea is that somehow the saved filles heled in the NVRAM must not exist or are a problem in the 6.1 upon install. But upon upgrade the issue is mute. I am just giving experiance here. If more comes about it I will let you know.

#123447 05/09/05 10:53 AM
OP Offline
Finally! I have posted this in 4 forums and this is the only reply that didn't involve witchcraft or disgruntled employees. All these systems were fresh installs and not upgrades, so I think you may be on the right track. I had made a ticket with Nortel several months ago and the ITAS engineer said it was a new one on him. Thanks for the info. Jim

MITEL 5000 3300 NuPoint

Albert Einstein
#123448 05/20/05 12:27 AM
OP Offline
I have an update on this issue...I was looking back at my notes and forgot to include one important clue as to the cause of this failure.
Using a digit grabber on a system that had this failure within a fortnight of installation revealed that the system had lost the ability to dial the digit two. Most of our NXXs in the affected areas have the digit two in them, therefore causing almost all calls to fail locally.

MITEL 5000 3300 NuPoint

Albert Einstein

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 183 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024