web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I must be missing something here. Trying to allow access to "Pool B" by giving clients "8" as an access code. I/C "9" is already programmed and working for Pool A on both systems.

When I attempt to enter "8" under Pool B Access, it will not allow (nor any other digit)...?

Two systems, same issue. First system is an "expanded" CICS, second system is a "regular ole 8x16". However, on the second system, it did allow me to enter "6" as a Pool Code for "B".

What am I missing here?

Many thanks in advance,

Danny Ocean
VIP Communications, Inc.
Miami, FLA

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Make sure the didits you want to use for the pool are not used anywhere else as lead digits. Is the 8 used for the first didit of an extension? If all your lead digits are use up you might have to change the access codes to two digits -- 91 for pool A and 92 for pool B etc

------------------

Dannny,
One other possibility:
I don't know if this is a s/w bug Nortel never worked out, but I have run across instances where someone had used a digit (8 for example) as a destination code in routing. Even after that digit was 'outted', the systaem would not let me reassign it. While I never pursued it, my guess is a full rekey of the database is the only option. Definately scour the whole database to make sure '8' isn't being used anywhere first.
Greg

Same problem here...was trying to create a '9' access code for pool A and denied, I suppose because the CallPilot DN is 999. Can that be changed (and why would an installer set it up this way for that matter)?

Mike... im sure you can do a DN change for the call pilto ext. from 999. I always make my DN for the VM in the 5's 50, 500, or 5000. You will find 5 rarely used in the dial plan.

Ocean... I would try to use dest. and route codes. Question is, can this be done on a CICS? Just create an unused route and have it dial out of pool B. Create destination code 8 and have it use the route you created.

Hope this helps!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,858
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,664 Shoretel
189,586 CTX100 install
187,847 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024