web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#124554 08/15/05 10:27 PM
OP Offline
A customer complaints to me that he hear the prompt of callpilot "invalid extension number" and AA can't transfer call,when he initiate a call using cell phone from outside to company.
Above case heppens once in a while.
Who can tell me how to solve it,or it is a bug of callpilot essentially.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

It isn't really a bug, its the cellular technology. All systems that rely on quality DTMF being received can be affected. The symptom that I have seen most is a single press of a digit (on a cell phone), that is recieved by the system as two (or more) presses.

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
Some cell phones have a feature in their setup menu where you can select "long tones." This will enable the user to send a proper DTMF tone for as long as he holds the button down.

OP Offline
thank for all of you!
i understand the cause of this problem is cell phone or wireless network of cell.

You don’t mention the model or version of your software, but if it is a call-pilot, there actually is a patch that helps this problem. Any CP under version 3.0 is susceptible to the DTMF errors. It is made worse by cell phones. A sure sign that the patch would help is if 221 goes to 222 or vice versa. If you don’t have a 222, this could explain the "invalid ext. message" The only way to know if the patch would help is to check a certain version number inside the CP. Access is restricted to Authorized Nortel vendors.

OP Offline
the callpilot's release is 2.1. i know the patch of CallPilot which is DSP firmware A7,and i finished patching the CallPilot.
before patching,all calls happen this problem,including general phone and cell phone.

[This message has been edited by parker.xu (edited August 19, 2005).]

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,848
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,658 Shoretel
189,554 CTX100 install
187,814 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 158 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024