Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
OP Offline
No, it is fiber--interfaced through a fiber link to a 6-port expansion module. Model NT5B74AABJ. Yeah---I sure hope I get the right hard drive.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

OP Offline
I shouldn't call them "physical" ports---should I. What I should have said was 4 station numbers. I'm fairly certain that I've tried to intercom the "5th port" but I get "Out of service" I only get a response from 349, 350, 351 & 352.

I wouldn't call them physical ports so there is no confusion and will be difference between the fiber NAM and the Copper NAM.The NT number that you mentioned I think its a 2G NAM, so make sure that your hard drive is a 2G not 3G in order for it to work. To find out how many ports do you actually have just log into the VM as admin (feat 983-admin MB-PSWD) then dial 44 it will show you how, many ports are enabled for VM.I hope that helps.

OP Offline
Thanks Sam---I gave the supplier the NT number of the NAM ---and he looked up & cross referenced to a hard drive -- so I hope he sends me the right one--can only hope at this point. When I go on site later today, I'll do that enabled port look up.

OP Offline
Well, I just got the hard drive and indications are that it is a 20 GB drive--Seagate U6 model ST320410A--made in China.

Unfortunately that can't tell me much, it’s the name of the mfg of the hard drive, but not an indication on what is programmed on it. I will ask the supplier if it’s for 2G or 3G or whatever he assumedly should know. You should see the MOD on your unit if its 2G,3G.

[This message has been edited by samh (edited August 24, 2005).]

OP Offline
OK Sam---I thought the 2G & 3G were gig designations. I think I'm OK, because the supplier asked some specific questions and when I gave him the NT number he said, "OK, I know what you need, now" and that was that. I'll see what happens tonight when I crack the NAM open.

OP Offline
RATS!!! Customer forgot to e-mail everyone about checking all their messages. We're going back tomorrow night.

i think that you should check these parameters:
1 prime set of Line,
2 If busy to:
3 DRT
4 Ringing service
4 Atdt of viocemail Operator(Feature 982)
5 Atdt of viocemail's table

OP Offline
I installed the 4.1 hardrive---rebooted the system--the NAM came up nice--so did the phone system & PRIs---but I could not do a Restore using the 3 floppy disks that I had as a back-up from the 4.0 NAM hard drive. The floppy drive would click on (turn green) when I pressed OK. But it would only stay on for about 3 seconds--then turn off. I could not get into F983 because the password does not work---however, as stated, I can get into F915 and browse through ADMIN--and the restore seems to work--up to the point where it says "check floppy"--then it won't do anything else.
I had to put back the old 4.0 drive and retire for the nite. Any ideas? I was thinking that maybe I would go back in the A.M. and blast some canned air in the floppy---I've revived Mitel floppys with that trick. Maybe some dust got in there.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,847
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,657 Shoretel
189,553 CTX100 install
187,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (MooreTel, Yoda), 152 guests, and 259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024