web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
Norstar 6x16 Phone system was just installed, have a CP100 hooked up to it. System worked fine in the lab with lines hooked up to it, however when it was installed in the customer’s site I’m not experiencing something very strange?? When calling the main number the CP picks up & answers fine with the main message, press 3 to leave a message in a general greeting mailbox. Customer presses option 3 and the call is transferred out to the correct mailbox, however once the customer finishes leaving the message it looks like the Norstar won’t drop the call.

It doesn’t seem as though I’m getting a positive disconnect from telco. I watch line one remain off hook for about 1 minute and then the line clears down. (This is also happening to my other 2 lines as well) When I try making a call outbound from the Norstar I get the same thing. After I make the call outbound, I connect to the far end finish the conversation & hang up. The phone system shows line 1 with an active call for 1 min or so. I put my butt-set on the telco pairs & listened to the call process take place. I hear CP answer & route the call properly, I’m also able to hear the customer leave the message in the General MB & they hang up. The call continues to stay off hook and the call connection is never dropped. I remain on the line and what appears to be a telco message “your call did not go through, press 0 for the operator, then I receive a worble tone & eventually the call drops. This is a strange one?? I have a call in with telco to see if they can check the lines, is there a timer setting maybe in the phone system to drop the call? Thanks in advance, 95% finished :confused:

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Have to set ds supervision up in lines, Is it DR5?-----John

Well a 616 is not compatible with Callpilot and I wouldn't put any voice mail on a 616 unless it was a DS version.

OP Offline
Wrong customer this one is a 4x16 compact ICS with 7.0 software (sorry)

Still need to set up DS under lines.-----John

OP Offline
John, I thought I had that set for lines 1-3 & It was still doing the same thing?

Craigers99, If system worked correct on bench, then only thing different is line disconnect supervision? Different CO office? Are the lines out of channel bank on site or pots?-----John

OP Offline
John,
I will be contacting Telco this morning to find out what's going on. Yes it is coming out of a different CO.. Lines are just regular pots.

Craigers99, Discon timer may not match CO settings,can raise or lower at CICS.-----John

OP Offline
John,

Funny, I was just reading that in the manual. There's like 5 different Millisecond settings.
60,100,260,460, or 600. I think 460 is the default?? Maybe I will try to change it to 60 or 100 to see if it makes a difference.. I will check tonight & let you know.. Thanks for the info!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,580 Shoretel
189,462 CTX100 install
187,615 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024