Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#132575 03/20/07 09:22 AM
jp1525 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an Option 11C that am am only fairly familiar with as far as programmin goes. I am looking for some guidance in the case of a database failure.

I have been doing system back-ups with ld 143 and the XBK command via XModem to my laptop. Is this the correct way to back-up a database?

Then to restore, what command would I use to install that file back in the system and what other steps would be involved?

Do I need to get in touch with Nortel with my keycodes and get the ability to re-install the keycodes if needed?

Nothing has happened yet, but the UPS it was on failed the other day and the system went down. Luckily it came back up--this time.

Thanks

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Admin
Admin
I always back up to a flash card adapter set in slot A. LD 143 Upgrade utilities. Archive/restore database.

[Linked Image]
I have tried LD143 on mine but it keeps giving me an error when it ask for a name.
I tried BKO in LD 43 but it doesn't see the PCMCIA card.
It is a sandisk adapter with an SD card and i formatted it with the Cardpro software, but it doesn't recognize it. I would assume the Restore function would be from the same menu
Type UGRADE in ld143 then option 3

Admin
Admin
I have a Sandisk 48 MEG flash in a Nortel adapter. I don't know what the format form is as I have used it for years and never bothered to examine it as it just worked. I don't have my Option 11C in front of me know but that sounds about right. I remember it is under LD 143 Upgrade and archive and restore databases. Keep in mind when you restore from an archived flash you have to sysload before it recognizes it.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,172 Shoretel
188,991 CTX100 install
187,378 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (teleco), 97 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024