Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
OP Offline
UPDATE & CONCLUSION

Marv, I didn't get your last post until tonight, but in any event, the problem is solved !!!!! :toast: Using the Ext Page relay contact did the trick, but with a twist.

I tried using the same pair going to the release using one side to power and the other from the relay contact. As soon as I connected I'd still get 24 vac+/-, thus setting off the release.

I narrowed down the problem to an electrical issue and eventually tried going from the relay contact to the release using a spare lead in the 4 pair directly to the Opener. At the Door Opener, I then attached that spare lead with the other side of the pair from the DOC (for the release).

In theory I should have been able to do this connection at the DOC, but I seemed to be getting about 10 vac feedback at that point.

The teachers probably won't be crazy about using the feature code, but....it's working, I'm smiling & we all have a workable solution.

Many thanks to all that helped out with this one...Telemarv, Twisted Pair, Vad60, etc.... clap

Marv, the next time I'm in the Ottawa region, I'll be stopping in with a bottle of Canadian Club for you for all your help. Might go to the Highland Games in Almonte, we haven't decided if we're competing this year or not. I'm definately going to Maxville, even if the band doesn't compete.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Here's an easier way that I've done before;

Using the relay set-up like you have now, I've hooked it up to the "aux ringer contact" instead of "paging contact." In programming, turn off the aux ringer for all "lines" and go in and turn on the ringer for the DN of the door phone only.

Now when you intercom the door DN, it will release the strike. If the door phone initiates the call, they simply "end" after talking and go back off-hook and enter the two digit DN to release.

Obviously you will have to assign a line pool so the cordless can get an outside line by dialing "9."

All station phones can release the same way, by intercom.

OP Offline
Thanks for the tip. I'll use that if I hear complaints about the present setup. I'll be stopping in again anyways in awhile just to "check in".

That would be easier for the cordless extension to release.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Glad to help.

Bring Scotch!

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
Will Do....any preference?

Dave

OP Offline
Twisted Pair....

Was in that town for something else today, so I swung around to the school to try your suggestion for the heck of it as it would be easier for these highly educated educators to open the door.

All I'd get at the door was a short burst for the release...a second, two at the very most.

Dave

The door phone auto-answers, so the Aux relay will only pulse briefly and release

Glenlevitt single malt. It's the only thing that should be drunk at the games.

:toast:

Marv CCNA, CTUB
I always install my own strikes and power supplies so I guess I should go into a little more detail here. I use timer relays on the strikes so a pulse will trip the time delay relay and hold it for 5 to 10 seconds.

I believe a timer relay should always be used regardless of the release method, whether it be paging contact, ringer, or a simple button, it should be a consistent time. If you use the paging method and accidentally don't hang the phone up, the strike will stay engaged and depending on the duty cycle of the strike, it could burn out.

Page port has a programable disconnect timer. So even if by accident it's left off hook it will release.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,807
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,073 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 130 guests, and 420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024